Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crower cams, any good?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bajaviking, Dec 11, 2002.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Has anybody used Crower Cams and if so how did they work. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

I have great luck with Crower cams. And roller rockers
    I would use them agine. Hope this helps.
    Bo

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

not much of an engine guru, but got a buddy that is, and is into drag racing etc... he swears by crowers for most applications.

I got a couple picked out I'm trying to decide between for my TPI engine I'm throwing in my hotrod. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

I was very happy with mine, but aren't there only a couple of camshaft manufacturers that distribute to all the mainstream companies like Erson, Crower, Comp etc. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

this won't answer your question, but i bought a crower baja beast cam a few years ago at a shop going out of business, still have it and have wondered if it is any good?

6. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Recently I put in new lifters and my valve train is in good shape, can I put in a mild cam and leave everything as it is or do I need to make other modifications to make it work. I am not building a drag racer, just looking for a little extra grunt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you are just dealing with a stock cam, and heads, you can probably bump it up a bit without hassle. Too much lift and you'll have valvespring problems of course, but there are a bunch of variables. If everything in the engine is stock, sure.

Just make sure that what you are contemplating putting in the truck may very well be smaller than whats in there now if a PO changed it. Also, a "smaller" cam in most cases makes more power down low. Just up to you where you want the power, and how much.