Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cruise Control Bracket

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Dec 19, 2003.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ok guys losing my mind lookin for a cruise control bracket that my Edelbrock EFI requires. Its gm pn 14056623. Of course GM discontinued it and dont have any NOS stocks of it. It came on the 83-84 Big blocks. 2 questions, anyone got a 83 or 84 big block w/ CC and dont want or need the bracket anymore (btw this bracket holds the little rubber diaphragm) and would like to donate it to me? Second, if i just say screw it and dont put the diaphragm on what is it gonna mess up? I got a TH400, will it screw up shift points on anything? I know its also got an electronic plugin in the back, what does that control. Opinions? Parts? Anyone work for a GM dealer that happens to have one of these sittin on a shelf?

2. 00silverstreak

00silverstreak Registered Member

Let me check what i got. I think i might(big might) have what you need. Ill repost as soon as I find out. Just checked and came up empty handed, Sorry.

S

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

thanks man, its the bracket thats a half circle w/ 3 screws going through it into the back of the diaphragm housing. Well thats the upper part of the bracket anyway.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You wouldn't hurt anything not hooking cruise up, but if it only needs a bracket, I'd say install it. Cruise is nice sometimes. If it were a real difficult problem to resolve I'd be inclined to say forget it, but with just a bracket needed, I'd do it.

You sure LMC doesn't have that bracket either? Long shot, but never hurts to check.

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status