Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cruise control help???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bklynlifted, Feb 6, 2002.

1. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

ive been told there is a fuse that controls the cruise cntrol question is where is it???? i have an 88 full size jimmy its not in the fuse panel???stumped. ps also checked the vacumme tank no leaks there??? no play in the turn signal?? nothing happens when i try to activate the system???? need help thanks.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The cruise might be on a "convenience center" located somewhere above the gas pedal. Cars ended up with cruise on that circuit I believe.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

3. bklynlifted

thanks for the reply you mean the fuse ??? might be above the gas pedal??

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I ripped out the convenience center from an '87 yesterday, all that was on it was the Hazzard flasher, horn relay, and buzzer. Start by checking all the fuses in the fuse panel, I think my CC was powered by a fuse labeled simply "20" (for the amperage). Mine also went into the front of the fuse block, the CC hot wire is pink/black.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

5. bklynlifted

define convience center???

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

The cruise control is tied into the "Ignition" fuse on my 84. If the fuse boxes are the same I can email you a diagram of it.

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>

7. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Id bet you $20.00 that you need a new "multi-function" switch. (the turn signal lever) that's what fixed mine, and so many others.... just do it..... it'll fix it !!!!

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, 14FF Detroit locker, D44 w/ posi, 4.10's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

8. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

My cruise only works with the tilt all the way down &amp; only sometimes please help, Chris

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't worry about the convenience center, at least in the '86, it has nothing to do with Cruise. Cruise used a box above the pedal assembly to control it. In the cruise control diagrams, I only saw a 2 amp fuse, but the diagram was kind of nonsensival. I'm sure the fuse was on the fuse panel, but they didn't mention it, and in the troubleshooting section (this is the GM manual) "check fuse" is not one of the steps.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?