Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cruise control help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Oct 20, 2000.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    My CC in my '84 hasent worked in 2 years. everything seems to be in place, no toasted wires or vac leaks, etc. The damn thing just dosent do anything. If someone has a troubleshoot or service manual info i'd appreciate it. Cav444@hotmail.com Thanks
    Luke

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Do you have a FAX machine available? I've got info for an 83 and it should be close.

3. CAPTAINK5-CT

CAPTAINK5-CT 1/2 ton status

My set button is missing. Need to change the unit that mounts on the colum. Any pointers on how big a job this is?

4. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

Smitty, That would be great. But I can't get into the office till mon to get the #. How many pages are we talking here? Thanks again

5. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Cavalry,

Total of 16 pages. Get the number and I'll send it off. I can copy and mail it to you if you'd rather go that way too.

Smitty

6. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

Smitty,
    If its not too much of a hassle could you mail it. That way its all saved on disc. I can just about plan on loosing page 11 which has all the info i will need lol. Thanks Luke

7. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

No problem. I'll send it out Monday. Send me your address offline.

Smitty

8. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

Smitty,
    I'd love to send you my addy. but yours is not listed in your bio. I might be a little confused here (too much paint fumes or something) did you want to send this email or USPS? Luke

9. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I don't have a scanner so I'll send it USPS. It's cheap to send it second day express. My email is whsmith@saber.net. I'll check out my info and update it today. (Didn't think I'd get as addicted to this list as I am.)

Smitty

10. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I think the typical problem with the CC not working is the wire in the steering column breaking. Look under your steering column for a black wire, kind of wide and flat and trace it to the plug. Unplug it and use a test light to see if the switches on the signal wand work. I can't remember which terminals are which but one should be the ground and the other three should show a light when the switch is turned on, set cruise, and resume are pressed. The individual wires are really small so they break eventually. I'm not sure how hard it is to replace the wand but since mine doesn't work either, I'll find out someday.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

11. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

Also check the plug itself, like jcg says a wire pinched in the steering column is often the problem, and if it' s the same plug as my '87 its got two flat plastic prongs( or some kinda material) with foil strips on them. When the wire in my column got pinched, it melted the foil off the plug, I actually heard the little pop noise it made when I shifted into reverse and bingo no cruise from then on.

Denis -MIDCAN k5 " DIG A HOLE!!!"

12. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

The copies of the cc section are on the way. Hope they help.

Smitty