Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cruise Control-What could be wrong?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, May 12, 2002.

The cruise control does not work in my truck and I was wondering, if there were some things I could easily check, the tend to fail a lot etc. Any help would be great, It would just be nice to have. Thanks 80K20

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

look at the servo. its on the driver side behimd the carb/tpi there should be a linkage to it. that broke on mine or you could have a hole in the servo

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Give more details and maybe someone could help you easier. Did it used to work? Did it just quit working one day? Does it still work but lose its holding speed? Does your speedometer work? All of these questions would make it easier for someone to help you. There are many things that could be giving you trouble.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i love C/C also, and mine is wierd.... ok, well if i'm going like 50 it sometimes works, but rarely, and if i go like 30 or 35 sometimes it works but even less often, and i think i have to be pressing the gas pedal for it to engage, in my g/f's 99 tahoe i can be coasting down a hill with no pressure on the pedal and it'll work... my spedo works fine, but it's 10 mph slow cause of the big tires, but i still take that into considiration when i try it.... any help?

4. Well the truck has been my Dad's since 1980 when he bought it new. It's now been my truck for the last year, and It has never once worked with me. My spedo currently is not working because I took out the cable to get a new one. Even when hooked up it did not work. You mentioned about a servo, this is funny because about 2 months ago I found this little motor with a pulg are wires going to it, laying on the top of the engine. It had a plastic out let and looked like a SMALL pump of some sort. I messed around with it for a while and it never did anything (never did try the C/C with it) so then I figured it was useless and threw it in a pond. It looked pretty shot anyway, because the plastic part was cracked etc. Could this have been it? Where can I get another one? Thanks 80K20

5. 4X4HIGH

If you don't have a speedometer cable hooked up your c/c will not work at all. The box that both cables go to that also has a wire harness hooked to is called a transducer. You may have a bad transducer. The transducer's don't cost all that much and it might be a good idea to start by replacing it and your speedo cable then try the cruise again.

6. 4X4HIGH

If you don't have a speedometer cable hooked up your cruise control will not work at all. The box that both cables go to and that also has a wire harness hooked to is called a transducer. You may have a bad transducer. The transducer's don't cost all that much and it might be a good idea to start by replacing it and your speedo cable then try the cruise again.