Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cruise control...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, Aug 26, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

quit working on my K5....is there a fuse for it?.....what could be the problem?...
    Kelboski

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Yes there is a fuse. The easiest way to check the fuses is to take a test light and ground the clip. Then turn your ignition on and test both sides of the fuses. If it is a blade type fuse, there is a little spot on each side of the top ogf the fuse. If the fuse is blown, then only one side of the fuse will show voltage. It is easier to do it this way, then to pull all the fuses and visually check them. Also a visual check can sometimes not work. Hope this helps.

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

The wires in the lever or column may have broken. That's what happened to my old car and my Jimmy. In my old car I just wired up some buttons on the dash (it's a POS anyway) but I'm going to get a new lever for the truck one of these days. Taking apart a steering column is one of my least favorite things to do.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

4. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

lol jcg...POS thing.........thanks for the replys fellows...i'll check it tommorow..Kelboski

5. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

my god...Dblazer....what's it like having 5:13's for gears?....

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Extremely cool. It isnt as bad as everyone thinks. I have the 700r4 so the overdrive helps. I cant drive 70 mph. But i diont speed anyway. I usually cruise in the slow lane. But when I put the Atlass in low and the blazer is in first, man does it crawl. up and over the rocks. It is an awesome feeling when i finbesse my way over stuff, just a crawl. My only regret is that I didnt do the 4.1 in the atlass, as it is I went with the 3.8 to 1. See ya, hey buy the way, can you see my pic on the left there???? It was working on my screen for a while then it quit. I dont understand

7. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

i don't see it...?

8. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Yah, it seems to work sometimes and sometimes not. Hell I dont know, I am computer idiot. Usually my wife helps me do that knid of stuff, but she had her "wisdom" teeth pulled today.[​IMG] So shes on pain killers and isnt so "wise" anymore[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

But the bat worked?????

[​IMG]

10. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

it worked..the bat

11. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

On my car, the CC quit working and the problem turned out to be a crack in the vacuum line. I don't know if yours works on vacuum, but if it does, check or replace the vacuum line.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's