Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cruise nights in central mass

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by DirtyJim, Jun 17, 2006.

1. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

looking for other trucks to go to car shows with. went to hebert's candy mansion on thursday but would rather show up with a couple of others.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

A lot of cruise nights...

They have a lot of cruise nights up that way...we have only one place in East Taunton that has one,at a small ice cream and snack bar/resturaunt,and another at the "Milk Bottle" resturaunt here in Raynham(only fits 30 cars in the lot though:doah: )..One in Plymoth Ma too,at Cordage Park.,and in Easton at the vocational school....

.I haven't gone for a few years,none of my trucks are "show" worthy,but could be if I had some money to spend on paint and minor body work..After I sold my 72 Chevelle station wagon that was on a 69 Suburban 4x4 chassis,I haven't gone to any shows really,only a few to walk around and gawk at cars and trucks..

My brother goes to a few up that way,he's in Gardner...goes to the Sheraton Hotel in Leominster on Rt.12 ,they have a big one..the Fitchburg Airport swap meet/car show,and some in Worcester and Hudson,Shrewsbury,and a few in southern NH too...he has a 42 Studebaker and had a 60 VW Beetle(sold it recently)--his newest project is a 64 Econoline van..I havent seen it yet..

3. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

most of the lifted trucks that go are not show worthy. its just a truck with a lift and usually are rotted out. i was debated about showing my truck untill i got there. the guy working the gate gave me a pass and told me i won the prize for the dirtiest truck. i was surprised with the amount of people who were really looking at it. i thought it would be cool to have a line of gmc / chevy's that are done up right.

4. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think June 29 - July 2nd is the New England Nationals in Worcester. I want to go there and check it out. I don't think I want to put my truck on display though, the body is now rotting faster than a compost heep.
    I will be doing the body on it soon though.

There is a place in MA that has a show 'n shine in their parking lot. It's like Isabella's Roast Beef or something like that. I have been there but I forget what town its it and the name of the restaurant. Lots of muscle cars there though.

5. diesel4me

heard of it...

I think that big one is in Saugus or Natick,not sure..some cruise nights in worcester at drive in resturaunts too....my brother knows where they all are,I'll have to ask him exactly where next time I talk to him...

I like the Amherst swap meet--always a lot of nice old cars and trucks for sale there,and to show off,last sunday of the month from april to october--in Hollis NH..

When I had my Chevelle wagon,I'd get more stares than a naked prostitute on main street at the cruise nights--guys with nice corvettes and muscle cars parked next to my car with its faded original "Marina Blue" metallic paint would get pissed when guys would come running over,and stick their head under my car,and hood,and ask all kinds of questions,say how cool it looked,and they would not give their 20,000 dollar car a second glance!...

...one thing I could count on,was NOBODY had one just like mine there!..(though a stock Chevelle wagon did show up at one show,and I had him park it next to mine,so people could see the amount of work it took to create it)...one guy showed up at one show with a 71 El-Camino on a K5 chassis--he was a snob though,just scoffed at my car and walked off--the only thing he had different was his 454 had a blower,gear drive, and dual quads..big deal!~--I could drive mine to Maine if I wanted without overheating--bet HE couldn't!..his was steaming as he pulled in,and it peuked out of the overflow,and dieseled when he shut it off...:crazy:

6. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

kelly's roast beef in natick has a cruise night on weds i believe. then rylies (spelled wrong) roast beef has one too. thats on the other side of sudbury. i will be at the summer nats this year with my truck. i am not going to show it at the park, but in the downtown area where all the others who dont enter the show park

7. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

there's the one at the Wallace civic center in fitchburg on friday nights (if the weather's decent)

8. diesel4me

my old stomping grounds!!

I was born in Fitchburg,at Burbank Hospital!.:laugh: ...I lived 1 mile from the Wallace Civic Center til I was 13,then we moved to Taunton,then Raynham...small world huh?..I still have a brother and sister in Gardner and Lunenburg...:crazy:

9. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

your brother isn't working for aubachon's (sp?) as a mechanic is he?

10. Chevy305

who is going to the New England Nationals this weekend?

11. diesel4me

Uh huh!!

YUP!..you must know him??..:eek1: ....he's been there for 15-20 years --(guessing!)...does maintenence on the diesel fleet and company cars,etc...

I was going to go visit him last night after taking my sister home to lunenburg--but it was pouring so hard I couldn't see squat on the highway,and it was 9 o clock by the time I got to her house,so I decided not too..he called me at home while I was on my way to her house too!--

I figured by the time I got to his place he'd be ready for bed,since he had to work today..:doah: --but I didn't feel like driving 40 more miles,it was brutal last night on Rt.495,it was a monsoon all the way home--we had 6" of rain yesterday alone..F'n rain SUCKS!!..everything I wanted to do so far this year has been washed out--swap meets,concerts,etc..pisses me off!..:mad:

...I dont get to see my brother very often anymore,thanks to the price of gas...and he rarely has time to come to my house...

I wont be going very far until I sell my truck or make some money--my wings are clipped,I'm broke,and owe 280 bucks to my mother for my car insurance bill she's paid the past two months!:yikes: ---I'm gonna take it off the road I guess,cant afford gas,why have it registered?.....:( :mad:

Anyone want a 79 C10 2wd fleetside,8' bed??...:ears: ...rather see it go to a member here than someone who'll wreck it..its body is decent,very little rot,even still has OEM paint on the frame in places!--good cab and bed for a 4x4 frame,or use as is....:crazy:

12. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

summer nats

i will be there in the burnout pit. now ill be able to put up video of the lifted trucks burnin out.

13. Chevy305

sweet I will definately be checking out the burn out pit, what day(s) are you going?

I may be there either Friday or Sunday.
    I will want to visit the vender section to see if I can get some killer discounted parts. Namely body panels :laugh:

Is there a swap meet section?

14. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

i am going on saturday. i am going to hit a trail before i head out. your welcome to join me. just put in my locker and have to put it to the test. there is a guy who has a bunch of trucks he is parting out that you could pick up some parts. the vendors at the nats are up on the hill durring the day. there is a burnout pit on the hill but it gets crazy at the tunnel. buying a pit pass is a good idea too.

15. Chevy305

I have to work on Saturday :rolleyes: :mad:

So I am now definately going on Friday. Are you putting your truck on display covered in mud? :waytogo:

I've never been to the summer nationals so, what else can you tell me?
    I am not sure if I am taking my truck yet. All depends on if I can replace the pinion seal on thursday. If I do then it might be better to cover the thing in mud to hide much of the rust :crazy:

16. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

yeah i hear that about the rust. i saw some bubbles on my rear fender and thought i would smooth it out before the nats, went straight through. so if i do bring my truck i am going to completely cover it. maybe ill go on friday, but i'm not taking my truck. i wouldnt leave my house untill around 5 though. its like $10 to get in and another $10 for the pit pass. the pit passes sell out quick though.

17. Chevy305

Ok so my friend couldn't do Friday so I am now definately going Sunday.

I hope to see you there.

18. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

alright give me a call. 978 855 6585. i am going on sunday and friday. ill get some footage of trucks. fix that seal and check out this trail i hit today. mud mud mud

P1010284.JPG

19. Chevy305

I am happy, I did fix the seal! :D This tool from Summit really helped: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2DW1219&N=4294925139+4294925137+4294815066+115&autoview=sku

[​IMG]
    So I can bring my truck to the Nats now.

Unfortunately I now have an open rear end because I took out my lock right and sent it back to Power Trax because the thing had too much play in it and I found that it was worn where the cross shaft meets the couplers and in the slots where the 4 pins go. So I put my spidey gears back in. I can do some pretty nasty one wheel peels now :D. I'm not sure yet if I want to put my truck on display there. Are you?

I have to work most of Saturday, I'll call you afterword around 6:00 or so to set up a place to meet or something.
    While you are there on Friday, can you check out the vender section to see if anyone is selling body panels?
    $20 says FLITZ will be there :haha:

20. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

what pannels are you looking for. i know a kid who is parting out some trucks this weekend. all people want from him are the axles and drive train so he has some bodies left over. last year there was only small parts people could carry around with them. i am not going to display my truck, have to pre-register for that. could drive around with all the other people but there are cops everywhere.