Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cruise On Central (saturday)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My roommate informed me that the Cruise on Central is tomorrow night (Saturday). Last time I went it was a giant car show and cruise marathon. It was sweet.

Everything you can imagine was out there. So many sick cars it was amazing. Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested. It is like going to the GoodGuys Car show except better. There was alot of cool motorcycles out there last time I was out too.

It usually starts around 5ish with people showing up but sunset is the time to start cruising. The usually cruise from Thomas Road to Camelback Road. Park Central mall and the AJ's parking lots are the 2 best places to hang out and walk around looking at sick cars.

Harley

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Hmmmm Which unfinished project to take to the cruise. Oh what to do, what to do.

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Ya know that would be something kinda cool, get alot of us CK5 crew out there and cruise it for awhile, hang out, BS , and so on. hmmmmm. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. t's85chevyk5

t's85chevyk5 Registered Member

Ya, my dad always goes with his buds. But i always have work it seems. We have a 55 chevy panel truck, but he cant take it tomorrow night because its tore apart to put IFS in the bad boy.He will probably go w/ his bud in a yellow 56 chevy straight axle w/ a 468. That car is sweet.I hear its a blast though. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Hossbaby50

I heard on the radio today that this cruise night is rated in the top 5 in the USA by Hotrod Magazine. Starts at 6 goes to 10. It will actually start earlier and go later though. If you have a chance I would highly recommend going.

Harley

6. justhorsinaround

Anybody else goin? We're gonna take Jenn's little car. Prolly gonna hit Central round about 7 or so.

Allan

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I think it was too short of notice for alot of locals to plan on hittin this thing up. I wouldn't have minded going, but got other things planned for tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. Hossbaby50

I am going to go out when it gets dark here in about 20-30 minutes. I have already seen some sweet cars cruising threw my neighborhood on the way to Central.

If you can you should go. You won't be dissappointed. You will need a chiropracter tomorrow after snapping your neck to see all the cars. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Harley

9. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I am headin' there for a little while too. Where ya gonna be harley?

10. justhorsinaround

And they shut it down at nine???????? Saw ya Matt. Twice. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

We walked around Park Central for a while and watched the traffic, get back on to cruise and they shut it down at Indian School. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Way to early in my opinion but oh well such is life.

Are we only allowed to cruise Central once a year now or what?

I remember when they used to shut down Central every weekend. That was a drag then too. Anyway, it was really cool to see all the metal and we're gonna have to organize somethin with a little more notice some time.

Allan

11. Hossbaby50

I didn't see Matt or you but I think I saw TJ and his burb. I was cruising with my roommate in his dark blue 66 Chevy Longbed Stepside, an we cruised my truck for awhile too. There was alot of Blazers, Subs, an pickups out there. There was a rediculous Blazer on 15" of lift and 35's. It was so stupid. There was alot of sick cars and truck though.

Saw the 49" IROK's on a truck out there. They are BIG. Had a blast except the cops were being dicks.

Harley

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

If your referring to my Burb, nope, it wasn't me, i was at a friends place watchin movies and lookin real hard at my next ex-girlfriend.

13. Hossbaby50

There was a burb out there that looked very similar to yours then. The only real difference now that I look at your pics again was his tires. He had some aluminum rims. Colors were very close or the same and it was a post 87 headlight setup too. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Harley

14. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

I saw matt and the 49"'s /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    saw a like 91 mustang with a blown 454 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifin it. my frind said he saw it on end twice and firebird.
    i saw the Blazer with 15"lift and 35's so stupid /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Andrew