Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cruise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mr. Jimmy, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Mr. Jimmy

Mr. Jimmy Registered Member

Cruise is not working on my 89 Jimmy,What is the most likely cause, or where do I start looking?
    Thanks, Keith

2. McD Blzr

McD Blzr Registered Member

You're going to laugh at this one, but I fixed mine ('89) by simply adjusting the brake light switch. My mechanic suggested I try this before I actually brought it in. It was not aligned properly with the pedal, has worked great ever since.

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    The cruise thing that sits up by the carb (or TBI whatever it may be) has a diaphram on it... could be punctured.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

5. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Had to replace the turn signal lever on mine. The one of cruise control wires broke inside its insulation right where it comes out of the stalk from all the years of flexing. It started by turning off any time I used the blinker to change lanes, then eventually quit working altogether. Used a wiring diagram and a test light to track down the electrical problem.