Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CRUNCH TIME, lads!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Can Can, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

The deadline for submitting a pic for the calendar is tomorrow. As of tonight I am short 2 submissions /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif(you know who you are!!!!) /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Basically, if I don't receive enough pics, the calendar will NOT be a go this year, which means I've wasted a bunch of time on this, not to mention all the time invested by folks who actually submitted pics after promising they would.....

That is all. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I believe I am one of those "submissions".
    I am in a predicament of not being able to "drive" the rig any distance as a company that I deal with was not forthcoming with back order information (I know that is my problem and not yours). I had ordered replacement shock bushings and they promised me they were going to arrive by 8/25 (reason for needing until the end of the month for the pic) and I was not able to make it there until 8/27. When I arrived they were short several bushings with an explanation that the others were back ordered as well as two sets of incorrect bushings. I'm in the process of trying to find the correct bushings online and have tried more places than I ever thought possible of the past several days. Summit racing is in the same back order predicament as well as several others. If anyone can find Energy Suspension bushing P/N 9-8147G or equivalent (with confirmed on-hand quantities) please let me know (I will even soak up the cost of overnight shipping to get them ASAP for the calender pic). Summit is back ordered until 9/27. I did find a "model" and she is willing to do it. I can have a picture of her and my truck, but if you don't want it sitting in the driveway or lawn, I will need more time. Here are the pics. I was able to get one bushing in each front shock and that was it (sorry for the pic quality, as I took the pics with my camera phone).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The reason for 8 shocks is because I have one at each corner, two kicker shocks, and dual steering stabilizers. I can get by without the kickers or steering stabilizers, but I need the shocks to drive.

I appreciate your time invested and had every intention of meeting the deadline, but I am in an unforseen situation and tried to find a remedy before saying I couldn't do it. Sorry. Again, if needed I will snap a pic of her with the rig (Saturday), but it will not be an "offroad" picture (which is what everyone wanted)....

I even tried driving it Sunday to see if I could make it any distance as I have stiffer springs than most and it was scary to say the least (NOT safe). Again I will gladly snap a pic but it will be without shocks and without much background scenery....

On another note: I tried posting these pics on CK5 yesterday and again today and could not. I was able to log into the gallery and hit the "upload pics" button but as soon as I did I would be shot back to the login screen and that cycle repeated. I did clear my cache/cookies, but with no success. Anyone know of an issue or is it just me (more than likely the latter).

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

What are the specs you're looking for? Which calendar are we talking about here?

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

He's working on the "Girls of CK5" calendar.

Shoot him a pic, quick!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Sorry, got the truck, but no girl. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

if yer in a bind I could prolly get a pic of my girl with one of my rigs....PM me if you need me too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I dont wanna see this thing die cuz of only 2 missing pics!

9. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah me either. Come on guys 2 more pics. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

My rig is not even close to roll-able so the Wife and I will have to pass. Sorry for waiting so long.

11. txfiremank5

Come on guys.. I want a calander!

My wife still has not lost all the baby fat, so i know she's a no go

My K5 is clean, and running great, but it's stock as a babies butt

And my freebie digicam is a major POS

So, I'm pretty much out on this one.....

12. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

Ok I talked to my g/f and she'll do it if yer other guys have backed out...I dont wanna see everyone suffer over only 2 entries!! hell I have 2 trucks and I could prolly get my roommates fiance to pose with the other rig /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Can Can

Well, brothers, the good news is that I've been able to get a couple of my slack /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif CK5 brethren back on track and it looks like enough pics are on the way. If these guys jam out I will be posting an "EMERGENCY PIC" post within a couple of days to fill the couple of available spots.

Thanks for all the support, brothers. And Leadfoot, no harm done, my friend. I was referring to guys who had basically 100% confirmed their participation. Sorry to hear about all the shite you're dealing with right now.

14. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif
    Right On!, It's On!

15. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I'm still working on synchronizing everybody's schedules to get this pic done. If I can't work something out within a week, I will pass the torch on to smprider. I don't want to hold up this project. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Sorry about all the confusion. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. txfiremank5

Cool Beans! Heck, I may even get 2 or 3! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif wimmens & K5's /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

17. Can Can

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Does anybody out there feel like taking their truck out on a trail with their hot wife/GF and taking an awesome pic for the calendar? I'm on the verge of desperate, lads. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

PM me if you want more details.

18. jrsheets

jrsheets Registered Member

I would have it to you tomorrow, except im not a paying member YET /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif, and my truck looks like #$%^ /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif from every angle ecept the front due to some heavy paint prepping and body work /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif. Gray primed quarter Panels, black fenders and doors, black tailgate and a red top lol /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif , The hood is actually still got putty on it right now. But it has a nice chrome grill and lightbar!!! Oh well, maybe next time, sorry i can't be helpful /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif.

19. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I have a girl and this truck lined up for tommarow at 5-6 pm, sunset in backround!

[​IMG]

I wont let ya down!

if she backs out I will go get my g/f to do it, but she works till late afternoon, david can have his way on this

I also just got my billit grill on, bedliner and springer/ak-57 rear on! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

she wants to do it /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif, she is in love with the 86 but she wishes it was mine( /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif that shawn). the only problem she is running into is what to wear on the trail /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. what do u guys think? help her out /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif