Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crushing good parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seattlek5, Sep 10, 2001.

1. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Just went to Verbeets Wrecking today to drop off some scrap metal and they are loading cars and trucks into the crusher. The guy has me pull up next to a mid '70's 3/4 ton Chev p/u to load the stuff into the bed and it still has the 14 FF in it! So I ask the guy, "you are going to pull the axle out of this before you crush it, right?" and he says no, they aren't worth anything. Couldn't believe it! Oh yeah, and on the way out there was a perfectly good K5 half top in the stack to be crushed. Unbelievable!

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

You kept my rear bumper right? I'm trying to find a way to get it.

<font color=red>It's not what you drive, but what drives you</font color=red>( Or is it what you work on,lol)
    <font color=orange> 1955 willy's on a 1977 blazer chassis </font color=orange>

3. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Why didn't you get the 14 bolt? You gotta get the parts!

<font color=red>"Maybe you could drive better with that cell phone up your azz?!!!"</font color=red>

4. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

I have a good friend in the scrap business. Every time I go help him on the side, he has something referred to as junk or only good for cores by his point of view, but treasure by a Chevy enthusiasts point of view. He can buy 350 engines for $40-$100 all day long in 2 or 4 bolt mains for example.

Neil H. Alabama.. "It's a full size thang, Jeep owners don't understand!!" '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2