Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CU ft of air space?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Derf00, Jan 7, 2001.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Frank, this one is for you. I spent part of the day crawling around in the back of our Jimmy installing the amp, sub, and 6x9 in the new side panels, which, thanks to you look great.

I did a little measuring while I was back there and came up with the following: CU ft of air space behind the rear side panels on my '90 Jimmy is aproximately 1.98. Don't take that to the bank, but it should be close. When I get the panels carpeted I will post my pics.

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hey Fred, are you running that sub in that air space. If so that is way to big. That woofer needs to be in under half that airspace. Morelike .75 or so. Let me know. NASH aka DBLAZER

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://dblazer.coloradok5.com>http://dblazer.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

No, I am running it in about .75, I put some dividers behind the new side panels and sealed it with silicone. I should have sent BlazzinOr a personal message, but he asked if anybody had ever figured out the airspace behind the side panels to post it.

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

what is the process in doing this?
    i want to do it, but have no clue bout anything like air space etc.....

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter