Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CU Police Post 420 Pics Online, Offer $50 For Each ID'd Pot Smoker

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Apr 28, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Look here for the story and here for the pictures.

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

:haha:

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

dicks.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You talking about the streaker or CU?:haha:

5. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

If you're too ****ing stupid to realize that you shouldn't hold this on campus, you're asking for it.

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

The PD. And if we were talking about anywhere other than Boulder or Berkley I would agree, they should know better. But they have been condoning this for years, besides; I could not give two sh*ts whether a bunch of CU student get high in public, especially in Boulder, it probably improved the overall smell of Boulder 100%. Friggin place smells like patchouli, body odor and smug self-satisfaction for miles around.

7. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

The PD has nothing to do with it, it's all the school.

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

CU Police Dept. is what the article said, that's why I call BS on them. The regular Boulder PD is required to enforce the dope laws already, the school has traditionally ignored them. That was my point.

9. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

My mistake! :doah:

Around my school we just have rent-a-cops, and some student workers on bicycles.

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yep, a lot of schools now have real police forces with full police powers of arrest and firearm use, which is what CU has.

And while I make fun of them, the stinky crowd makes far less real trouble than the drunken frat boys and spoiled athletes at CU. I'd rather see them laying around high and talking about global warming than getting drunk and beating people up and destroying property. Stoners are generally pretty low-maintenance.

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

You hit the nail right on the head with that one. Around here, drunken frat boys account for so much damage to property and other people that its not even funny. Yet, the police look the other way for them. SO...lets spend $50 a pop..and who knows what other money to find some dope smokers (which the only trouble they cause is killing all the food in town)...while we could be looking at the bigger picture. All the dopers do is get high and just lay around. Big ****in deal. Go arrest some drunken frat boys before they kill even more people in DUI's. Hell...go after cocaine addicts, meth houses, heroine abusers, acid trippers, illegal immigrants, vandals, carjackers, murderers, rapists...etc. The money they waste on catching some lazy potheads could be far better used on problems that are far worse for our country. Rant off...thank you very much.

BTW- The spoiled atheletes around college campuses cause tons of trouble...but since they are atheletes they can get away with just about anything they want. They get fibbed grades in classes (and I am NOT making this up), and generally cause trouble and think they are better than everyone else. Case in point: I was sitting at my friends apartment about 2 months ago, when i hear him yelling at someone outside. He comes in and says some drunk football players threw empty beer bottles at him when he was taking out the trash. So...about 15 minutes later we get a knock on the door. 3 drunk football players are trying to start a fight with us and come in my buddy's apartment. We push them out and close the door. Is it over? Hell no. They come back with 5 football players this time...one fat lineman holding his stomach claiming that I cut him with a steak knife. I was like wtf man, your not even bleeding...and i never even touched you. They started advancing to the door like they were gonna barge in the apartment (it was just me, my buddy and his girlfriend), and my friend told them that if they come any closer...we actually were actually gonna hit them (with a baseball bat since it was 5 on 2). They kept trying to scare us but we never backed down. The linemane holding his stomach was standing at the edge of the stairs...and couldnt really go anywhere. I was just gonna kick his fat ass down the stairs. Anyways, my buddy's girlfriend comes out of the apartment, pushes one guy down the stairs...walks out to their jeep, writes down the license plate number...and calls the cops on the spot. Needless to say they hopped in and peeled off down the road (drunker than hell)...the cops arrive about 5 minutes later and we tell them what happened. We mentioned that they all were drinking and were drunk and drove away and gave them their license plate number. The cops seemed concerned....untill they found out that they were football players...then they just said..well we really cant do anything if they never physically touched you. WTF!!!! They could kill someone swerving drunkenly down the road. Thing is..the cops seemed real anxious to look for the jeep and arrest them...until we told them they were football players (our football team won the national championship in div 2AA this year). So lets let these spoiled bastards potentially get away with murder...and arrest some lazy, cause no trouble dope smokers. AGHHHHH!!!!
    -Harrison

12. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

yeh its easier to target the more passive people

or more preferred it seems

13. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Request mast!

If they are doing illegal stuff, they should fry! Besides it ensures job oppurtunities for the honest man.

14. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Oh and BTW...some of those pictures cant even be used against the people. One is just of a guys face. No dope, no smoke...nothing but his face. what the hell. And some of the are just pictures of people...with photoshopped pictures of hands holding bowls beside them. How does that work? Ive included some pics as to what im talking about. In one the girl is definitely guilty..i just posted it cause shes hot.:bow: Take a look.
    -Harrison

20060420%20IMAGE%20110_jpg.jpg

20060420%20IMAGE%20145_jpg.jpg

20060420%20IMAGE%20001_jpg.jpg

20060420%20IMAGE%20036_jpg.jpg

15. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

You know, could they even use any of those??? I mean, how do we know that's not a hand rolled cig that semi-hottie is smoking? How do we know that those pipes are not being used as the signs at the head shop say, "For Tobacco Use Only".

I'd say all of those people have a good opportunity to tell the campus PD to go eat a bowl of dicks or come up with some real proof..

I'd also be pissed as a parent if they were wasting my tuition dollars on this "investigation".

16. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Should be drug tests at college/universities. If you pop, you are out! See what parents think then.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  17. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

if they wanted to arrest people, why not do it while it is going on? why try to bust them after the fact? kids should know better, no matter what day it is. illegal is illegal. if they get away with it great. get busted, well, you shoulda known better.

18. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's a $50 well spent. I think that instead of charging with some sort of criminal charges or school sanctioned punishment, they should send a letter to whoever is financially responsible for their tuition and see what it gets them. Same with alcohol induced stupidity. Dopes getting caught and put in a public forum, serves them right. They should keep that to themselves in their homes, dorm rooms or deep in the woods. It's only illegal when you get caught. Breaking the law in a public place makes them no better than what the illegal aliens are doing by flaunting it in the face of the rest of us who follow the rule of law.

I wonder how many of the people there are using state or federal grants and loans. Government is good enough for the ones relying on our money, but not good enough to follow the laws set forth.

19. Mikey von

Mikey von 1/2 ton status

[FONT=&quot]obviously we have had our [/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]gnorance[/FONT][FONT=&quot] juice today![/FONT]

20. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

If I was the parent forking out tens of thousands of dollars then I might agree with you. If the person is paying their own way, they can reap what they sow on their own and the parents can just sit back and wonder where they went wrong......