Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CU Prof. Needs an Ass Kicking.....Bad

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Jan 27, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

This guy is a f**king scumbag:

"A University of Colorado professor has sparked controversy in New York over an essay he wrote that maintains that people killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks were not innocent victims.

Students and faculty members at Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y., have been protesting a speaking appearance on Feb. 3 by Ward L. Churchill, chairman of the CU Ethnic Studies Department.

His pending speech at Hamilton has drawn criticism from professors and students, including Matt Coppo, a sophomore whose father died in the World Trade Center attacks.

"His views are completely hurtful to the families of 3,000 people," Coppo said."

Here are some points this "professor makes:

The Sept. 11 attacks were in retaliation for the Iraqi children who were killed in a 1991 bombing raid and for economic sanctions imposed on Iraq by the United Nations following the Persian Gulf War.

Hijackers who crashed jets into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on Sept. 11 were "combat teams," not terrorists.

The people killed inside the Pentagon were "military targets."

And:

"As for those in the World Trade Center," the essay said, "well, really, let's get a grip here, shall we? True enough, they were civilians of a sort. But innocent? Gimme a break." The essay goes on to describe the victims as "little Eichmanns," referring to Adolph Eichmann, who executed Adolph Hitler's plan to exterminate Jews during World War II. "
    :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

The whole article is here:

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/education/article/0,1299,DRMN_957_3501617,00.html
    [​IMG]

You should e-mail him if you feel like I do:

ward.churchill@colorado.edu

Or call the school (or him for that matter):

http://dirwww.colorado.edu/whitepages/ldapdrill.xml?cnfull=100041353

Too bad they don't have a picture of him on the web page like most schools.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

maybe i'll spend the afternoon suscribing that e-mail to pron sites...

i would seriously kick this guys ass... :angry1: :usaflag: :angry1: :usaflag: :usaflag:

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Where's Backcountry when you need him?Funny thing is, cock smockers like this are welcomed with open arms into the faculty of colleges all over America. This ****stik is a hero to the Kennedys and Boxers. Every time I hear about crap like this, it just pushes me further to the right.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I think the logical conclusion to what the prof is saying is that basically no one is innocent. If thats the case, let the nuclear carpet bombing of the middle east begin. No innocents there, right? sounds like a plan to me.

what a **** tard.

j

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Very few people are inncocent

Who cares anyway, the entire popultion has forgotten 2001 for all intents and purposes

6. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

My profs are pretty liberal, but I've never heard anything that bad.:mad:

7. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

:usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag:

Curious, I wonder who was close to him that he's lost in recent years due to this countries actions. Call me crazy, but I'll bet none. Fookin' hippy douche!!! It's easy to sit in your plush leather office chair in your CU office and brainstorm different ways to twist factual information to make it look like you're more intelligent then you get credit for. If this cawk gobbler had any real idea, he'd know that he should be stoned for speaking out against this country in this matter.

:usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag:

8. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

No response to anyone in particular, but I'll defend his right to say or think anything he wants. Just because he has the right to say it, which I defend, does not mean we have to understand or even listen to what he is saying. There seems to be alot of patriotism on this site which I commend, but you have to extend the freedoms we are protecting to EVERYONE, including this nut. Dont kill him...just dont listen. One day it could be your opinions which are unpopular, but you are still entitled to your opinions, and the right to express them. Flame away....

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

he should be stoned

You know, the funny thing is if he lived in one of these Islamic sh*thole countries he would be stoned for accusing them of being morally equivalent to us, "The Great Satan". But lucky Ward gets to live in the good old USofA, have a tenured job at which he is pretty much unfireable, make a nice living, and sit up in Boulder and look at hairy, lefty, patchouli smelling college girls all day, and bad mouth our country. Maybe he should move to Iran and truly learn to appreciate how these people live and how lucky he was to live here.

[​IMG]

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm not gong to flame you, you're right. He has the absolute right to speak his mind, and we commensurately have the right to bash him verbally and in writing.

Just because we disagree with this asshat doesn't mean anyone here refutes his right to make an utter fool of himself. I think what bothers people the most (me at least) is that he is a professor geting paid to spout this crap by a public University, and then paid by yet another to come across the country to spout it to kids who have already said they don't want to hear it.

Why is it that everytime a conservative disagrees with one of these liberal jackasses we are accused of trying to try and stifle their 1st Amendment rights?

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

No flame here because I don't really disagree with what you are saying. That having been said, the people working in the WTC were obviously civilians, innocent, and did not in any way ask for or deserve what they got.

People forget that the colleges (I think that CU is a state school) recieve state money and are subject to the pressure from elected officials. Spread the word. If you are in Co, write your local rep/senator/governor.

If you are a student, avoid his classes at all costs. Make sure the chancellor knows that you disagree.

A**hats like this can be forced out of those precious positions if enough people push.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And you are right 100%. Ain't you an attorney? I may have to retract the previous statement.................. :D

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

RJ, it never ceases to amaze me, you are a heartless son of a bitch. i have not forgotten that day, and neither has anyone i know. i will not forget it for the rest of my life. i can tell you what i was doing, what i was wearing, who was there with me, and even the song that was interrupted when i heard it on the radio.

14. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I guess I could forget that too.... Pretty easy to forget having to look at Lower Manhatten engulfed in smoke while driving to school every day. And again on the way home. And after hearing about my g/f's 4th grade students who lost their parents. Hopefully everyone forgot about that.

15. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

However his quote is true. Where are we now? Boycotting the war on terrorism, slamming our president, and trying to forget. Not as individuals, but as a country. I didn't take his quote as a personal affront. Instead, I took it as a realistic look at the broader picture. It's very sad, but it's true.

16. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i can't tell ya how many libs have said "they need to let it go!" to me... friggin sad :( :angry1:

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

cock smocker - someone who puts little aprons on cocks so they can fingerpaint without getting their clothes dirty.

18. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Gotta watch those damn attorneys.:whistle:

19. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I didn't mean it the way you took it, I think

I mean, when's the last time anyone has brought WTC up in politics or media and HASN'T used it AGAINST the war effort

I feel bad for the people who died, but I mean, natural occourances took out 170,000 + lately.

I remeber that CA mudlside that killed 10 people overran the Tsunami in headlines.

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic"

20. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

:haha: That's what I call comedy!