Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cuban restaurant in Walnut Creek, CA?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Desert Rat, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Going to see Journey and Def Leppard shortly and eating at the Havana restaurant in Walnut Creek. Anybody eat there before? I love Cuban and Puerto Rican food. Went to Cuban Pete's when we were just down in Disneyland last week. Good eating..........

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

All I can say is ... wow. Def Leppard. Journey.

I mean, I saw Motorhead, Dio and Iron Maiden ... at the Pavilion, like last year. Ten bucks for lawn seats. And we were sober.

But, Def Leppard. Journey. :haha:

-- A

3. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Step inside, walk this way, you and me baby.

HEY HEY!

:D

Saw a neato show on TV the other day about what life is like in Havanah right now. Man, they got a TON of old Chevys running around. They showed a bunch of the common meals they eat out there, it made me so hungry...

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We went to see Def Leppard this time last year. I had my misgivings, but they still put on a great show IMO. Still much better than seeing the Rolling Stones singing from their wheelchairs whilst wearing adult diapers and looking for their teeth.

Rene

5. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Im seeing the stones Oct 22 in Austin. Now I'm really looking foward to it.

:haha:

6. Desert Rat

Ok, back now. The restaurant was good. It was more new California style Cuban but tasted good nonetheless. I had the garlic studded pork tenderloin and the missus had a steak. Both were very tender, but the steak was excellent. The mojito was just ok. Journey was awesome. I have to say that Neil Schon made the guitarists for Def Leppard look like amateurs. The new singers for Journey did a good job. I've seen the original band a few times and this incarnation is pretty close. Def Leppard wasn't bad, but the lead singer's voice is on the way out.

7. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

If you're ever in downtown PA, try http://www.labodeguita.com/ Yummay!

I saw Journey waaaay back in the day when Loverboy was their opening band :1zhelp: Neil Schon's grandparents lived in Hollister, so he was here in town quite a bit. That bright red Ferarri of his didn't stand out at all here in BFE :doah:

The Stones ROCK in concert. I'm no huge RS fan, but lemme tell you, they put on quite a show. Seen them about 4x over the past several years. Every time I get tickets I think 'OK this is probably the last time they'll tour' :haha:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  8. Desert Rat

I've seen more than a few concerts, including the Stones, but I was usually getting paid at the same time. The Stones do put on a good show. Another band that surprised me was the Scorpions. Some bands sound like they are singing and playing through ten feet of gravel and the songs bear no resemblance to their albums. The Scorpions were crystal clear and sounded great. I'll have to try that restaurant since I get to PA on occasion. San Jose has several good Cuban restaurants to including Habana on Race St.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Neil Schon started off playing in Jimmy Hindrix band when he was just a teenager. One of the top guitarist there is but not as well know. Steve Aguari is a pretty good fit for the band on vocals as well. Bands like that take me back to my high school days:doah: