Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CUCV 24-12V conversion question, Gen2 light not coming on?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ajbirken, Nov 27, 2005.

1. ajbirken

ajbirken Registered Member

I completed a 24-12V conversion folliwng the first protocol in the roscommon equipment manual and everything seemed to go smoothly. The truck starts and runs fine other than my ongoing power steering dilemma which is not addressed.

After the conversion the Gen2 light does not come on at all and my battery died. The voltmeter barely budges (I thought that it was a 24V thing).

This is a rebuilt alternator so I thought that it was fine, but now suspect there might be a problem.

For those that have done a 12V conversion. Does the gen2 light still come on when you turn the ignition?

2. 86Cucvbeater

86Cucvbeater 1/2 ton status

I did the conversion on my CUCV and none of my gen lights come on any more. :confused: My truck starts up great every time. My volt meter hasn't worked for a while now..

3. ajbirken

ajbirken Registered Member

Thanks.

Interesting that I post on a national/international forum and get a response from the same city that I live in.

I actually thought that you might respond to this because I noticed that you just did a 12V conversion. I am also on nc4x4 a bit and think that we have pm'ed each other a while back.

Any others or are our acting differently?

4. 86Cucvbeater

86Cucvbeater 1/2 ton status

haha i thought your name sounded familiar. I have the alternator I took off from the coversion if you want to try and put that on. I believe gen 2 is the pass side alt. by the way.(they are identical i believe)