Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cucv/6.2 Engine Wiring harness

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by bavarian_blazer, Nov 21, 2006.

1. bavarian_blazer

bavarian_blazer 1/2 ton status

Hi there!
    I've been looking for a new/nos engine wiring harness for my 6.2 Blazer (no CUCV) for quite a while but it really seems impossible to get one - my harness was completely hacked by one of the previous owners, just imagine: there are 10 (!) :bow: :D glow-plug wires, the harness is partially melted down and really f***ed up. As i did a frame-off restoration it really would be a shame to throw that old yunk in again. So, does anyone of you guys know a shop (maybe surplus or so) where I could get a new or good one for my k5?

Greetings from Bavaria

Florian

P.s.

here's a pic of my beauty, it's a 1983 Chevy Blazer K5 with the Silverado-Package. The truck was quite messed-up when I pruchased it, but it had absolutely no rust and it was mechanically sound too (if you forget about some massive oil leaks and the "custom" wiring)
    In the last 2 years I had the truck sandblasted and repainted and invested a lot of $ in new parts, but it's gonna take some time until I'm back on the road i think :crazy:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  2. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I might have a harness for you i will get back to you

3. bavarian_blazer

@Mike:
    That would be awesome! Thanks a lot!

Flo

4. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I'm just finishing my wiring on an 83' m1009. Went through the same issues. I removed the entire harness, studied the wiring diagram and removed what was not nessesary to me and rewired the GP's completly with a manual switch. If you have most of the harness I would do the same if I were you.

I could not find a "new" harness but was able to get lead on a few used ones. I choose to do mine because I wanted to have intimate knowledge of everything incase I had to fix it again. Also, I upgraded the wires on the GP's to help them heat faster.

5. 84CUCV

I will get back to you soon, most of my parts are 2 hours away at my dad house. wish i could find one for my m1009

6. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I have a guy on steelsoilders that just pulled an entire harness and wanted
    $40. If your interested I'll send you his e-mail after talking to him.

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I've been able to buy good wiring harnesses for my military Chevy's from the member Muddog on here. He is a good guy to do business with. Starting with an uncut M1009 wiring harness may be better than what you have now.

8. 84CUCV

thx guys

9. bavarian_blazer

I found a new engine wiring harness once at ebay, but unfortunately that guy didn't want to send it to germany :-(
    When were those electrical parts discontinued anyway? I did a lot of research on the internet, but it's nearly impossible to get a new harness anywhere.... I'm always dreaming of a new interior harness too,I got a new one on ebay.com for a cucv, but there seems to be quite a different to my (full option-) civilian version....

@bear76:
    maybe that's would be the best way, but I hate the thought of re-installing that messy home-made harness ... oh, just think about a shiny new one in your engine bay .... :D ;-)

10. bavarian_blazer

by the way... that's the k5 a short time after I got it...

[​IMG]

11. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I used the factory harness as a start, the main connector to the firewall is still there. Cut and removed all non-needed wires (In my case that meant the second alt, nato plug, diagnostic plug, and GP resistor). Much more simple now and nicely tucked away.

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

if shipping is your only problem, why not send it to a brother here and have them ship it to you, i would be happy to help, and other can vouch for me i am sure so you can trust me.

i know your troubles with shipping stuff, i am in canada and sometimes things are hard to ship to me, I also have a USA shipping address that i go to from time to time.

13. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

The best is to find someone in new york that you can trust.
    Shipping to NY is cheap because it's a big market and same from NY to Europe.
    :D
    I would offer but now i am on the wrong coast.
    :rolleyes: