Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CUCV airlift shackles -- two styles?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, Jun 18, 2004.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I'm hoping a picture will say 1000 words. I have some odd parts here and I donno where they're from.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The round one is your normal pin-center shackle, which I've seen on a bunch of CUCV's.

The L-shaped one is ... odd. I bought a set that had two of these and two of the horseshoe-shaped style; I'm curious if these are a newer style, or something from another vehicle that was swapped onto this particular truck (maybe they're off a Dodge M880-series CUCV? an M1010 ambulance?)

Anyway, any information appreciated.

-- A

2. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

the L-shaped is off a larger military truck maybe the 2 1/2 tons, not really sure of there names.

anyway, i have seen them, the D-ring mount is on top the bumper therefore the clevis is L shaped to allow it to extend to the front edge of the bumper then rest vertically against the front of the bumper

i doubt this makes sense typing it out.

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

My old 5 ton wrecker in the service used the later style....

DW

4. Martin460

Martin460 Registered Member

5. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

If the pin hole in the flat style is the same size as the l-style then they are from the rear of a 5-ton truck. they are mounted behind "bumperettes" like a jeep used to use.

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Acha! Sorry, Doug, didn't think to ask y'all -- but then I didn't know you were into the big trucks!

The 2.5 tons are the M35's currently, I do believe... the 5-ton's I forget... M900's? Or are they the 10-ton's?

Anyway, cool, thanks guys!

I did end up with a set of four of the flat ones (i.e. genuine CUCV style) so I have another project /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ...

-- A

7. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm hoping a picture will say 1000 words. I have some odd parts here and I donno where they're from.

[​IMG]
    coloradok5.com/photos/data/500/265cucv-hooks-2.JPG[/image]

The round one is your normal pin-center shackle, which I've seen on a bunch of CUCV's.

The L-shaped one is ... odd. I bought a set that had two of these and two of the horseshoe-shaped style; I'm curious if these are a newer style, or something from another vehicle that was swapped onto this particular truck (maybe they're off a Dodge M880-series CUCV? an M1010 ambulance?)

Anyway, any information appreciated.

-- A

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to lazy to read all the way but the one on the left is from many style M939/M809 series vehicles without seing it in person it is har to tell if it is a little cucv or a 2 1/2 ton or a 5/ton or as I work on a 7/Ton

BTW they also came on the 14 Ton LAV(light armoured vehicle)

So they are on a lot to say the least

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

tO THE REST!!!
    If you are going to burn our flag AT LEAST WRAP YOURSELF IN IT!!!!!!!