Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CUCV blues....[update]

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tree_entz, Sep 8, 2004.

1. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

there it was,
    the only thing -ever- to defy my long standing opposition to loan acquirement.
    the ultimate truck. When I went to see it, I expected it to be in 'good' shape. little did I know that the gates of heaven had openend and concieved the most immaculate condition second generation chevy k-series truck this side of the southwestern desert. It's specifications superseding that of any ordinary truck would finally grant me a 'work' truck capabale of any task. when I left the place, I knew it must be mine. Expecting it to be easily worth $3-5K, I prepared for the worst.
    Fast forward what seemed like an eternal 48 hours....
    I find the results of the fire dept. meeting early this morning, I knew Eddie Newton would be at the post office...he always is at 6:45.
    punchline

fire department sold it to one of it's members for $1,000....................
    I didn't know whether to throw-up or cry.
    So now i'll be driving some suck-ass rice-burning mini truck incapable of holding the payload of 3 watermelons. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    my dreams are shattered. no truck will ever be as good. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Re: CUCV blues....

I have also missed out on some good deals , I know how it feel's
    I missed out on a lifted burb on 44's 1 tons rear diskbrakes for $1000.00 dollars CDN. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    The only thing that I did not like was the 6.2 diesel

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Go see if the member that bought it wants to double his money... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Rene

4. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

i'm gonna TRY....
    got a feelingI might make some people mad since they wanted it to 'stay in the department'.
    I dont know who the guy is YET, but I do know one thing:
    HE DRIVES A DODGE /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

5. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah I feel your pain. So I decided that I am just going to get one straight from the military. Very similar prices to what you missed out on, maybe a little more. Good luck dealing with the guy, hopefully he will be reasonable.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

An excellent suggestion Rene--many of the town employees around here get "first dibs" on any surplus property--many of them buy an old ambulance,fire truck,or DPW truck thinking they will keep it a long time,but often sell them at a handsome profit to supplement their kids college fund,or their retirement funds.Many folks in my town put up quite a stink when they hear of town employees using this type of "perk" to make easy money,and make it difficult for any civillians to enjoy the same benifits,since we are "shut out" from the auctions--many times the ones I attended had a few nice trucks and bucket loaders,etc,parked far away from all the other stuff--and when I tried to go look at them they shooed me away,saying they wernt part of the auction,or already sold--then I see a town employee driving it home,and parked in his yard(to sit until it rots many times--unless someone like me makes an offer double what he had to pay-- /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif).

7. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

so I called the fire chief last night.....
    and found out I actually know the guy who got the truck.
    My heart sank as I knew this guy is into pullin, and heard he might part the thing for the running gear!
    I quickly called him up, and found out something almost as bad: it's for his son to 'drive around in'. guessing he's like in highschool or something so I expect a stiff hand delivering a generous spanking on that truck).
    -I countered at 2,000 and told him it would be an easy way for them to double their money.....
    he said he would talk to his son about it first.
    I dont expect a reply.
    I expect the truck to get hammered, and when it's all said and done, Dad gets the running gear for his pulling truck. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    why isn't there a graemlin for crying?!!!

8. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Don"t give up yet! As soon as he hits the open road with the 6.2 and 4.56 gears he'll tire of it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If that doesn't work wait til the glow plugs start taking a crap and scoop it up after no one can figure out the CUCV 12/24 volt electrical system /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif