Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CUCV Brake Booster

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudbath, Aug 18, 2004.

1. mudbath

mudbath Registered Member

Have any of yall out there tried installing a hydraulic booster on yur blazer. I have one on hand and am kind of curious on how to make it work. I plan on maybe in the future boltin on a hydro winch also. I know for a fact that a M1114 hummer has a hydraulic brake booster. It also has front and rear winches. The rear is hydraulic. All which run off of the power steering pump. The front winch is electric. The booster is the same on a hummer and CUCV except for the mounting plate. I was wondering through all this rambling whether or not you could run all of this off of a stock 350 steering pump. Im really not sure how they hook all of it up either. I know if i looked at the TM's for hours i prob could figure it out. I'm just lookin for some first hand backyard experience on the topic. I appreciate any help. Oh yea who would have ever thought that i could come to Iraq and still be able to get on ck5. hah

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Sounds like you're talking about a hydroboost system. They came from the factory on diesel equipped K5's..... Not sure about the older style trucks, but Hydro boost systems come on the BBC euqipped new style trucks also....

My 82 Jimmy used to be a ticker and it had the hydroboost system still inplace when I bought.

3. mudbath

mudbath Registered Member

Anybody got any ideas whether or not the pump would pull a winch also.

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

As far as I know they are pretty similar pumps to a normal PS pump except the have an extra line for the brakes. It's been a while since I swapped mine.