Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CUCV Headaches

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Dirty Dave, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

Well my head is pounding.....HARD. I have been trying to get the glowplug system in my M1009 CUCV to work normally. When i turn the ignition on the solonoid comes on but wont cycle, the glow plugs stay hot. The wait light comes on very dimly but if I push the throttle it lights up fully. And what does that plug on the throttle pedal go to?

I have replaced, the solonoid, temp-sender, glowplugs, low coolant module, starter relay, glow plug module, and I not cycleing. I am running a manual switch. What else can i do? I was told to replace the ignition switch but what would that do? The solonoid gets power.

I cant get my turbo on until i get this licked. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

2. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

My plugs where cycling slow when I had a bad ground.

3. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

You could replace all the glowplugs with 60gs, run new wires so they are all in parallel, and use a ford starter solenoid with a manual switch. Doesn't get much more simple than that. Works fine in my truck.

4. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

I already got a manual switch. I want this truck right though, I'm kinda anal that way.

5. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

I suppose you could keep throwing money at it to make it "right" if you want. I prefer simple and functional myself. Emphasis on functional.