Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cucv m1008 question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uao85, Aug 16, 2006.

1. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Hey guys I have a quick question. I am setting up some kc daylighters, and a spotlight on my truck(m1008), and thought of a great idea, that I could just use the existing black out lighting system already in the truck. But am having a tough time checking out the black out light system. I know that they run through the headlight harness and back into the cab through a pair of relays and to a switch. I have the switches, and the wires run back into the harness, but for the life of me, I cant find the relays that they go to. I have found several relays that could be them, but the wires color codes do not match the relays to the switches. Those relays are under the edge of the dash where the diagnostic plug is mounted, and next to the ash tray/trash box. And I think there is also a relay right next to the fuse panel that is a smaller relay with a diode coming out of it. According to the wiring diagram that I have, the wires coming out of the relays should have
    1-orange
    2-pink
    1-dark green/white
    1-white
    1-tan/white

But the other two relays that are under the dash that I just mentioned by the diagnostic plug are color coded as follows.

1-Pink/black
    1-black/red
    1-black
    1-black/white

and

1-Pink/black
    3-black
    1-black/white

Any idea if these are the relays I am looking for in the black out light system? If not, what do they go to? and where are the black out light relays mounted in the cab???

Regards,
    Remington

2. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

to the top........anybody know???

Remington

3. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

www.steelsoldiers.com

You can find all the info you ever wanted to know about military veh, both domestic and foreign. They also have technical manuals that you can download.