Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CUCV questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by metto, Jan 20, 2005.

1. metto

metto Registered Member

well im getting ready to sell my 89 z71 posermobile for a blazer, and i found a pretty good deal on one. i went to look at this k5 today and it appears to be a M1009 because of the mil-spec brush guard and giagantic antenna mount on the side. its been stripped and painted primer gray, so i cant just go on color. i popped the hood and it has a 305, not a 6.2 like i was hoping for. and its not just a fluke like someone replaced the engine with a 5.0 and it used to be a 5.7 (i know some forestry service cucv's had gas instead of diesel) because the sticker in the engine bay says 5.0. sorry for the rant but my question is could this be a cucv and i just didnt know about them having 305's? or is this just a regular blazer that got some military stuff transplanted? :( thanks for the help

metto

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

look for the tag on the door jam. if military it has all info. its black. also the millspec ones have a bump stop bracket at the right frame rail to hit the pinion end of the frt diff.

3. metto

metto Registered Member

will it just say "CUCV" straight up or will it be a series of #'s and letters in the VIN #??

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i added more reed again sorry

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

My 87 K-10 one conversion had that bump stop thing on it. The axles came out of a CUCV but the rest of the truck is stock.

I took it off last week. Just looked stupid on there to me. Now it looks even more stupid laying on the garage floor.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

There is at least one site dedicated to the CUCV's, I'd check that. Isn't at least part of the VIN government/mil specific?

7. dieselponyexpress

dieselponyexpress 1/2 ton status

"D" as 5th digit of the VIN indicates "military vehicle". This belongs to the 80's CUCVs.

Walter

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You wouldn't happen to have a link to a good one? Most of the stuff I find is sales and not that heavy on info.

9. ksmeltzer

ksmeltzer Registered Member

Id Cucv

If it is a CUCV it will have a black panel on the lower driver’s door with the specs and under the drivers sun visor it will say on a sticker M1009.