Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CUCV stuff and misc parts for sale...new prices and parts inside.

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by uao85, Dec 26, 2006.

1. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Well, within the next few weeks will be parting with pieces of my truck since I will be doing a cab swap, and hopefully tranny swap, and thought I would list the parts on here I wont be needing, although I am still bouncing around whether or not I want to part with the tranny yet.

1985 cucv m1008 cab, 99.999999% rust free(there is 1 small spot about the size of a quarter underneath on the pass side that has a little rust), 1 small 1"x3" ding on the back pass side of the cab by the bed. Trust me, I am A.R. when it comes to body damage and rust, this thing is CLEAN, underneath the truck along the body seams, no rust.....nothing. inside the cab, in the door jambs......nothing-looks like it was just coated with the carc paint.....underneath the truck on the rockers....NOTHING inside or out with exception to the mentioned miniscule spot. Will not come with doors, wiring, or anything out of the dash, no steering collumn or hydroboost, and no rifle mounts behind the seat ...but will come with good glass front and rear. This is basically an awesome condition rust free cab with a few extras here and there, and the truck has 39k original miles so this thing hasnt been run into the ground either. I am the second owner, and the previous owner was the brazoria county parks and wildlife office and was used very little. Might or might not come with the vin tag and clean title, I am still trying to find out whether or not the cab I am buying will come with a title or not, if it does then this will come with a clean Texas title, and all the paperwork.
    $300 OBO-this price will also come down if I decide not to include the title or vin tag info.

Also am considering selling the th400/np208 combo that is currently in the truck, this combo has 39k miles on it so it has pretty low mileage on the combo and it runs and drives nice and smooth. I hear that the models in these trucks are the heavy duty th475, but wouldnt swear to it since I am not an expert by any means, either way its one heavy duty tranny, transfer case is also in great condition, this will come with the tranny, transfer case, adapter, and possibly the front and rear driveshafts depending on how much these sell for. When I get ready to pull them out of the truck, I want to get $275 OBO for the tranny and transfer case.

Also I have a 90 sub fuel tank, I think this is the 33 or 31 gallon tank and has the in tank baffle, it will come with the sender and electric in tank fuel pump, wires snipped off about 10 inches from the sender, and the fuel lines snipped off right after the fittings that bolt into the fuel lines so everything is easily usable, also the rubber fill neck for the top of the tank is included. I would like to trade straight up for a pass side saddle tank with sender and all the hardware to mount it up to the frame. This sub was a low mileage unit because this tank is in amazing condition for its age, no rust or dents or dings. $40 or trade for a nice saddle tank setup.

Also found a set of factory d60 spring plates loafing around my garage. $25 OBO

I am open to offers and trades as well, but please within reason.

I am looking for a 4l80e 4x4 model, along with the computer and wiring harness for stand alone function, np205 and adapter for a 4l80e(long shot I know), brownie box/spicer auxilliary tranny, nv4500 that needs work(dont want to have to fork out for a new one ), and 4" lift parts for my m1008, front/rear springs/shocks and whatever else yah got.

Happy Holidays,
    Remington

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  2. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Go talk to James...he has a 4L80E and adapter for sale...

-Avery

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

'preciate the publicity, but i only got a 4L80E/241 adapter, which wont work for him:doah: ive found anothe 4L80E semi local for $300 but shipping it would be $$$$

4. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

yeah that would definitely kill the deal....oh well....to the top!!

Remington

5. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hmmm, in my opinion it wouldn't "kill" the deal if it is in good condition...sure you might spend more in shipping than on the tranny itself but even if it was $400 to ship it you'd have a 4L80 to yoru door for $700...just an example.

-Avery

6. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

ive been watching craigslist and ebay for 4l80e stuff for quite some time now, and im surprised at how easy they are to come by.. 2wd and 4wd models... usually from 400-800$ even for late model units...

as for the cab-- wish you were closer to san diego Id have to get that thing from you...

7. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

hmm, interesting you said that, I will be driving to Orange, Ca this coming June...if your seriously interested I can work something out.

Regards,
    Remington

8. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

IN A JUNKYARD, UNDER A TRUCK*N E Rust Belt
    Tanks not a 40 gal? It's UPS-able, you know. Just not full! I just bought a diesel one, NIB, $140, need a pump-in-tank also, think it's a 40 gal tho...

9. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

back to the top....new prices.

Remington

10. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Any idea what the shipping to 85741 would be for the tranny/t-case? Or maybe in June when you go out to Cali...I'm on the way. :D

11. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

the spring plates are for a front d60, right? how much for them shipped to 76036?

12. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

ttt...for ya. Tranny/t-case? Maybe you would be interested in a trade? I have 2 sets of sm465's hooked to np205's. I would be willing to trade one set for your set if you're interested.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  13. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

spring plates are for a dana 60., but they might be spoken for.

shipping for the tranny and tcase to az is going to be around $250 through forward air, kinda kills the deal, but I would be willing to bring it with me to Cali if I get paid in advance with some gas money:wink1: -I wouldnt be interested in a trade for that combo at this point in time, I have been looking for a decent 4l80e for the overdrive factor, and I have had a local trying to sell me that exact combo for a few weeks now.

ps sorry for the slow reply, working fulltime and having a gf and a truck, while trying to go to the gym is an exhausting routine.

Regards
    Remington

14. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

ok, let me know if the spring plates aren't sold, put me next in line. thanks

15. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

man... being a m1008 cab, whats different, compared to a regular civilian, '77 cab? The killer, as far as I can tell-- is that its a non-AC cab.. i must have the AC firewall and other stuff.. other than that, the holes for the hood hinges are different..

DAMN if it was a bolt in for my '77s cab, I would be on this deal... I could trade you a 4l80e, or 4" lift parts, etc etc... I would find a way to get her done... any ideas?

mike

16. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

The holes for the hood hinges, and the hinges themselves should be the same as any 81-87 pickup, not sure about the 73-80 bodies, but they were definitely the same as my old 91 k5 that I sold a year ago, and the cab I am swapping on from an 84 is the same as well. Are you talking about the 77 core support where the hinges actually latches shut?

Let me know.
    Remington

17. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Could you measure the sub fuel tank? Or do you know if it is the same as the Blazer 31 gallon tank?

Thanks!

18. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

besides the depth of the tank, which determines how much it holds, I am positive they are the same. I have swapped out several sub tanks, and blazer tanks and they were identical.

Regards,
    Remington