Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cucv

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by k20, Sep 29, 2004.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Not sure if this should go here, but what the heck. Im lookin at CUCV's, m1008's to be exact, cause i want a D60, and can always use more parts. Anyway, of the ones I've found Im interested in, 2 have motors and 1 dont. The 2 w/ motors looks like very complete, and well, if I can get it to run, I may just keep the CUCV, swap my trucks axles into the it, put the CUCV axles in my truck, and have a beater work truck. Cause mine being so tall is a PITA to load a riding mower in, etc.

Anyway, on to the questions. I have heard the CUCV's are 24v electrical. Is this the case, and if so what parts are 24v? Is the starter 24v (where the heck would you go to get one of those), are the headlights 24v, and are any of the diesel components 24v? Ive never owned a diesel, heck, never even worked on one, so if I get one w/ a motor I'll be in here alot. Also, (if I get one and go to pick it up) is there any way to test the glowplugs if it wont start, maybe short wire em to get em to kick on so I can start the thing to get it on a trailer or am I gonna have to push this thing on the trailer?

Im waiting on bidding to start on em, so Im just trying to glean info and figure this is the best place cause anyone w/ a CUCV has a diesel, and would possibly be here.

2. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

The CUCV's start on 24, and charge/operate on 12v.

3. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

The glow plugs are different from civilian models as well.