Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CUCV's up for bidding tonight starting at midnight!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Aug 5, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

2. BanksBurban

BanksBurban Registered Member

Re: CUCV\'s up for bidding tonight starting at midnight!!

I was told that the reason you can get a surplus army jeep for $5 is because they cut the thing up into useless pieces before you remove it. Is this true? If I buy a truck, will I be able to use the darn thing?

3. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

No, they are not cut up into pieces! At least with the military vehicles. Many parts are removed that have to do with military. I'm stationed in Korea and we have bids here a few times a year. 95 1 ton suburbans have gone for $1000.00. Blazers, 1/2 3/4 tons can be had for around the same price. P/U's around $2000.00. Not beat up either. The military has gotten better over the years about keeping the equipment in tip top shape. Humvees have been sold for $8000.00 in Korea. Don't know about the states though. Why so cheap? YOUR tax payer dollars at work!

4. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

The military cuts the HMMWVE (Hummers) in to parts then runs an M1 over whats left because they are not DOT. The CUCVs are close enough to DOT approved that they sell them whole.