Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cummins 5.9 24 valve with allison trans

Discussion in 'Engine | Tranny | T-case' started by Mr.Chevy4x4, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

1998 Freightliner chassis with 5.9 cummins 24 valve diesel engine and 4 speed allison transmission. The chassis has a Dana 80 disc brake rearend. This was at one time a Georgia Tech student bus. It was involved in an accident and the front suspension on the right side was broken. The intercooler and radiator are in good shape. The bus had under 50K miles. The bus body has been removed from the chassis. $3000

Mike

2. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Tried to send a PM, but got this "Mr.Chevy4x4 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."

Anyway, I'm interested, but I have a few questions. What all is included with the motor? Turbo, ECM, etc? Is this the 250hp version of the 6bt? I'm guessing the engine still runs? Do you know what model of Allison it is? Is the dana 80 an 8 lug or 10? Do you know the wheelbase of the chassis? A guestimate will work. I'm just wondering if it would fit on a trailer or would it have to be flat towed. Is the damage so bad, it can't be figged up and flat towed? Also, where are you located? Thanks for your time.

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

It is the 190 HP version. Everything needed to make it run is included minus fuel tank. The engine and trans have been removed from the chassis and have been in an inclosed shop. The chassis is about 30 ft long. the front suspension could be repaired to be flat towed. Not sure on the model of the allison. All I know is that it is a 4 speed and it has the large square pan. I will check on the lug pattern on the rear axle. I am located in central Alabama.

Thanks,
    Mike