Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cummins 6bt and eaton 6sp trans from Ford Bus?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Oct 28, 2006.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

easiest way is obviously divorced. Idk if its possible but i bet nwf could make there black box work as an adapter.

3. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

divorced is pretty much the only viable and cost effective way. it looks like the black box is offered in a few different input variations from 27 to 32 spline, and im taking a guess that the output of that eaton is none of the above.

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I doubght it would come with a correct input but im sure something custom can be done by calling nwf... i was just thinking in the sence of using the body of the box like a mount... I guess making an adapter to physicaly hold them together can be done, then just make a adapter shaft...

5. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

See if you can get the guy to send you a pic of the parking brake assy. Most of the medium duty trannys use a seperate but self contained parking brake assy attached to the rear of the tranny. Take a look at some of the ones offered on ebay for ZF's; it is common for them to be a bolt on assy, and the bolt pattern is the same as an NP205 round(or np208, np241).
    If it is this type, all you have to do is remove the park brake assy, remove the tranny mainshaft, and machine, respline, and re-heat treat it. Should be able to get this done for around $300.
    The only real drawback to the medium duty trannys is they don't shift smooth like a nv4500 or a zf5 or 6, they shift like a dump truck should.
    Jimbo

6. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

The cheap bastard ended the auction early. Bidding got to $1200 or so. His Buy-It-Now was $4500, but he had set no reserve, so as soon as one bid came in, the BuyItNow went away. He probably didn't think he was gonna get enough. That sucks......