Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cummins in a 67' K20

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1967k10, Nov 25, 2005.

1. 1967k10

1967k10 1/2 ton status

I'm in the middle of a swap and would like some pic's.I'm having some trouble with turbo to heater clearance.I aslo need some input on the wiring.Thanks

2. megahillbilly

megahillbilly Registered Member

yea I saw this just the other day in yuba city he had someone else do the work it wasnt to shabby although atight fit I did ? the a/c & heat set up he had bought a compleat setup from vintage air there was nothin on the firewall just the heater hoses&a/c hoses he also hhad a nv4500 all that power and no reinforcment in the frame just compare the dodge frame to your frame Im lookin for a cat v8 and im gonna start with a bare frame and bulid from there good luck!

3. 1967k10

1967k10 1/2 ton status

I started with a bare frame,but had to set the cab in place for fitment.We're going to run a nv4500/205 combo behind it.I believe we will remove the factory heater and go aftermarket.Finished the motor crossmember yesterday and will be ready to re-install the motor today or tomorrow.

4. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Seen many a bus in my life working for freightliner. Some of the GSA Bluebird buses run gm A-6 compressors with custom brackets on the bottom of the engine....and or sanden compressors in the same location. Later model ftl medium duty ftl's mount the compressor to the front left of the valve cover on the isb and older 5.9L's. There were some problems over the years with the mounts and different methods of belt adjustment. I still have a cummins TSB in my tool box where cummins incorperated the compressor mount with the fan drive for ridgity issues....as far as the heater box goes...been waiting on mosesburb to get off his bum and drop his 5.9L in his 72 burb and see what it looks like as i have only seen gen stuff converted to cummins power. There is a parts guy in phx who works for cummins rocky mountain who has a gen 2 burb powered by cummins for at least the last 8 years.

Doug W.