Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cummins in an 88+ Rig?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by sled_dog, Feb 23, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Anyone seen it? maybe have pictures or something? I'm thinking my new project rig is going to be a 90 1500 so it would be cool to pull it with like an extended cab Chevy with a straight axle and Cummins 6BT 12V motor spewing smoke :D. I love the Cummins motor but not a big Dodge fan.

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

There was just one on ebay, but when looked at closesly it was a hack job. Its actually been done quite a bit, not a ton of conversions, but a fair #. Ill try and find some pics for you, i had some but lost them when my computer crashed a few months back. I may be able to dig some others up.

3. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

depending on how strict your state's smog requirements are, emissions certification may be your biggest hurdle. I know here in CA its not even worht trying to do.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my thought was to locate a rig equipped with a 6.2 or 6.5 and just yank that thing.

5. originalspanksta

originalspanksta 1/2 ton status

he lives in PA, no emissions for deisels in pa....