Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cummins to produce high-performance, light-duty diesel engines

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by snoman87, Jul 28, 2006.

1. snoman87

snoman87 Registered Member

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I saw that!..

Funny,I was searching google yesterday,and read that article--I was wondering what the new cars and trucks had for diesel options..(not that many,to my dismay)...It'll be interesting the next few years to see what comes about as far as diesel VS gas engines..

I was suprised to see VW isn't planning to import any more diesels here,unless the "smog" rules change--seems europeans have all the advantage when it comes to diesels--many vehicles have them overseas you cant get here,even american made ones!..and Audi won a big race with a diesel!!..I think its about time a company like Cummins decided to get into the "passenger" light duty diesels..:laugh:

3. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Ya, VW has always been on-the-fence when it comes to importing diesels to the U.S. Ask any knowledgable dealer about what diesel models were coming next year and they never knew (this goes back to the '80s when I workeed for a dealer).

The big issue comes 2007 when diesel emissions get even tighter :( and most auto makers don't even want to fool with them.