Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cummins w//chevy adapter on ebay

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by azblazor, Jan 27, 2004.

1. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

2. AZTimT

AZTimT Registered Member

Hey Mark, ya think that setup would work well with sm465/205 with a gear vendors behind it? How do you like that gear vendors anyway? The setup looks pretty much like a complete drop in after fudging the engine mounts and the other stuff. That guy sure didn't put a whole lot of info on there, I wonder if I should email him about it /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. I was going to wait on getting the engine till I after I got home, but if it's in good shape and could be had for around $5,000 or less I think it might not be a bad deal.

Tim

3. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Careful, that seller doesnt have much feedback

4. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The cummins is a very popular swap into chevys. They would work well with a 465/205 but an overdrive of some sort would be best for a highway rig. The price for this one is a little high but it all depends on the condition and miles. I wouldn't jump into it too quick. There are actually quite a few around and more all the time. The early cummins trucks are starting to rust out and wear out so it seems their availability is going up at this point, IMO.

5. AZTimT

AZTimT Registered Member

Well, those are definitely good points that both of you brought up and honestly, I would rather get something from someone local to AZ or someone that can be vouched for by someone else, such as one of you guys. Thanks for looking out. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Really, I am not too sure where the sweet spot is in pricing on one of these so I need to get a better feel for it. Also, I'm just so excited about both getting a new truck and finding out I'm coming home in a couple months has me acting like a little boy waiting for Christmas over here!

Tim