Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cured my driveshaft vibration

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lehtola, Apr 13, 2001.

1. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the advice some of you gave me on my driveshaft vibration problem...last week I installed my 4" lift and the bla...ah....jimmy looks great. I had a slight vibration at 30-40 mph. but hell...was it something else? you know your speedo is not right after the lift. anyway...I droped the xfer case down using the gm spacers on the xfer case xmember. It works like a charm and no worries now. Cheapest mod I've ever made. by the way...where can I get a grease seal for my front driveshaft? when I dropped the front axle to install the new springs you could see my driveshaft splines...the seal broke off and now I need to keep that grease in. I'm asuming it's easy to put back on. but you know what happens when we assume.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

It is called a zurk fitting. I don't think that is how it is spelled. But that is what it sounds like. You can get that at any auto parts store....
    [​IMG]

3. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

Thanks. I'll check into the zurk fitting.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

4. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Its spelled zerk....should be able to find one in any parts store

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5 [​IMG]

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Thanks..I was close anyways...

[​IMG]