Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Current Vehicle Status

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Jul 14, 2002.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Well I should be road worthy today, I just have a few things to double check. Here is a pic from yesterday. Truck

Here are the mods I have done since the last time I had it road worthy.
    1. Weld in steering kit
    2. Bolt on brace
    3. Rear disc brakes
    4. Replaced 208 after last wheeling trip
    5. Trimmed the fenders so they are the same height and proportion

I still need to fix a broken rear spring; might go with the f-150's and then install my 0-rate offsets.
    Make some tube doors, bumpers, roll cage, and shock mounts for the front and rear.
    Make a softtop or at least a bikini top for now.
    Doubler, but that will not be till after the UCP ride.
    Groove the tires for the winter.
    So much to do and so little time to do it.

Thanks for looking, Pete. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

lookin good so far. we all goin wheelin in spring? i don't think i'll have truck done till then. Gonna quite this long haul soon. no time to work on truck!! oh... and see the wife too!!

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Thanks Henry. I think you should quit the long haul too, it probably gets to you after awhile. If your down to do soe creek runs in the Catskills, we can head by my cousins place. I am checking into another spot someone told me about that is state land and the national guard use to play at. Also, Stag would be worth a trip for you too, a lot of cool terrain. Take it easy Henry, give me a buzz if you come through NJ.

4. bablazer73

just drove through jersey sun night/mon morn on my way home. I was gonna call, but it was around 1 am. were you up??

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Lookin' good bro /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Can't wait to see it in a couple weeks. I gotta get on the horn myself and start tweaking around some stuff here and there before this run!!
    Boss

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

No, I was in a dead sleep at that time. How is the driving going? I have not been upstate since April, trying to get some stuff done then I am going to head up and relax for a few days.

7. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Thanks Boss! I just wish I could have everything setup the way I want it before Paragon. It looks like I will be taking it easy there on that weekend. I will definitely go back again before the winter when my truck is setup to my liking. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. bablazer73

IT SUCKS!! the jpb i do i still enjoy. the company I work has totally pissed me off!! I am home now. I am looking very hard for a local or east coast job. I was supposed to be back home last thursday, finally got home mon afternoon. I had to make an illegal run from florida to do it! either that or i still wouldn't be home. hopefully I can get something lined up within a week or 2. I had 3 interviews today, have 2 tomarrow, and have to go back to one today and do a drivers test and drug test with them. McClane foods. they go to jersey all the time.

9. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Well if you get the job with McClane you can rest at the 17 Diner/truck stop in Mahwah and we can wheel at Stag Mtn. right up the road from there. I hope you can find a better job, this way you can finally finish your truck, and we can go wheelin.