Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

custom 72 chevy rear suspension video

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudbogger, Feb 19, 2007.

1. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

this is my dads 72 chevy with a 427bbc, th400,205, tsl 35s on 15 x 12 rims playin around, the reason why im showin this is cuz ive never seen a rear suspension ever built like this, this truck use to be 2wd so it has the trailing arms still in it with coils in the rear and 4 inch ezs in the front, the rear was just flipped like you do on a s10 to put the arms on top and not bottom, i am suprised it stuffed the tires like it did even though it snapped both front axles in the dana 44 both in two diff places, have any of you ever seen a rear suspension built like this, ill try and get some pics of it today so you can see what im tryin to explain here, it works quite well for what it is only drawback is the arms get worn out cus they are like 30+ yrs old, by just flipin the axle it gave like 3.5 inches in the rear and runs 40s that never rub oh yeah video here www.putfile.com/84camaroinprogress

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Looks like it works pretty good.

3. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

hey how do i delete all those others threads of the same thing i just cant figure it out call me [​IMG]

[​IMG]