Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

custom body work, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Oct 7, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm still wanting to get 67 to 72 chevy tail lights in the rear of the wagon, just cuase they will fit and the style is awesome. and One more piece of chevy never hurt no body,LOL.

The only down side I see if after all the work, I back into something and have them dented up and cracked.
    I just can't make up my mind. my other idea is to run jeep lights where the old ones are ( just crudely bolted to the tail gate. or I can mount lights in the bumper, kinda a PITA to get the holes right and sealed.

imput?

OR ( see I change my mind too much...)

I could ditch the tail gate and rear hatch and run a brace in each corner, like when you guys ditch your gates. and fill it in with a piece of diamond plate and mount some lights there.??? [\_____/] <- - - with a light in each diagnal area

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt do it. I dont know much about body work but putting in lights from another vehicle sounds expensive. It would be different though.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

well my front lights are actually out of a camero or malibu..not sure what rig I had them left over from,LOL I guess I can't leave anything well enough alone. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Leave it alone Jeremy. Both of my rear lights are dented, bent, and cracked. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dude, slap on some cheapo trailer lights and call it good! quit tryin to be all bling bling!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j