Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

custom bumper designs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevycanada, Jun 25, 2002.

1. chevycanada

chevycanada Registered Member

has anyone got some custom bumper designs for our vehicles. i want to put custom bumpers on but i am not sure how to go about designing them. i'm sure i can build it myself since i can weld etc but plans would be nice to work from.
    thanks

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

What style are you looking for? Front or/and Back? Pre Runner or square tube? Are you planning on adding anything else to it? Like spare tire carrier, Gas can rack, High lift mount, Wench mount, Reciever hitch"D" hooks, and Light mount? What do you use your k-5 for mostly (Rock, Mud, Trail, Street or ?)? Well need more info from you.....

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Yuck, I'm just not a fan of this pre-runner crap that is catching on. Damn near everyone and their mother is pre-running out their pickups with it leaning HARD in the back and they never take it offroad from the looks of it.

Oh well....

I'm in the stages of building my front/rear bumpers as well and I'm looking to add all of the above you mentioned Craig Moe.

2 Attachment points at the frame, receiver for towing, tire carrier, gas can carrier, backup lights, CB Antenna mount. Prefer square tube steel vs round tubing.

5. chevycanada

chevycanada Registered Member

i am tryin to deciede between square and round tubing. leaning towards round though. i am building both front and rear and am just looking for a bumper basically. i use my truck mainly in the mud but also do some rock crawling.

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

If your looking for something to use in both sand and rock crawling..... Keep it High because of ground clearence.... What size tube are you looking at? Do you have a way of bending it? Are you Thinking to store stuff inside of it(fishing Pole, as a Air tank, ect....)? Have you seen anyone that has what you want? Any other info is helpfull....