Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Custom Chip ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lamberthkp, Jan 26, 2006.

1. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i need to get a custom chip made for my 89 blazer to correct all the engine mods. iv serched on google and summit for them . the only one iv found is made buy motervation for the 87 & up tbi moters they sell for $389 . if anyone knows of any other sites to get one made i would sure appreciate the help. thanks

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

3. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

The best way is learinig to buy your own. It only costs about $150 for a programer and about $50 for a UV eraser if you don't go to EEPROM's, and with burning your own you can data log and get the chip taliored to your truck where as when sombody burns it for you with out data logging they will no be able to get the best chip they are only guessing

4. lamberthkp

cool thats what im looking for ,thanks

5. lamberthkp

well i called jet & alot of other places and they all told me that no one makes a programer for my blazer the only way i could correct everything is to get a custom chip made and motervation had been the only one i found that said they could make one , i just had to list all engine changes to be put in.

imgunna check out the 2 sites above and see what i find

6. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

The programer that i metioned is not like the one you see on TV for the newer OBD II trucks but is a programer that you can write a computer chip with called a EPROM to use this programer you need a BIN editior and need to modify a stock GM BIN file. The BIN file is a bunch of comands that make your truck run from the in and out puts of sensors. By modifying this you can get more fuel and spark which are the two main things that most aftermarket chios give you.

7. eagle mark

eagle mark 1/2 ton status