Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

custom chip?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun89, Jan 6, 2007.

1. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

im getting a new engine (350 with 400hp) and putting on the holley 670cfm tbi and i know engines with cams need a custom chip, can anyone help me find somewhere to get a custom chip burned for me? thanks!

2. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Well... tbichips.com i think is the most popular place but everyone usually says it's gonna be a best guess job, and the only other option is coming to the dark side of chip burning/tuning... which involves endless reading and a little money... I'm trying to wrap my brain around it.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You can check with local shops and see if any of them can dyno tune your setup. It seems to be more and more common that they can.

Besides getting into the chip burning yourself, as mentioned, that's going to be the best way to make sure it runs exactly as it should.

Plenty of good things I've heard about TBIchips.com, but just no way it can be dead on by best guess.

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Brian at TBI chips will have you datalog it and tune the fuel pressure with a new chip - if you take the time to do so. He helped me fine tune a bit more for better overall tuning. I am quite pleased with the results.

5. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

ooo alright,thanks for the help guys!:bow: do u happen to know how much a chip is?