Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Custom chock mounts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78Jimmyish, Nov 3, 2001.

1. 78Jimmyish

78Jimmyish 1/2 ton status

Anyone know of any articles about or pictures of custom shock mounts?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Check this article out...

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/ranchoreview.shtml> UAV custom shock mounts</a>

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. 78Jimmyish

Cool, man that was perfect. Hey, you're a fabricator, you ever think about making shock mounts for yerself? That's what I'm planning on doing. That article has a nice clear picture of the F*rd towers - those things'll be cake to fab. Now I've gotta take my shocks off and see how much travel they have so I can decide how tall to make these things.

4. tRustyK5

I've already done my rears...fronts are waiting for a spurt of energy and enthusiasm.[​IMG]

Rene

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

6. 78Jimmyish

You got any pics of yours? What kind of angle did you put the shocks at?

7. tRustyK5

Off the top of my head I think the shocks are about 8" apart at the top. At the bottom they are right next to my 4" blocks...
    As it is my RS 5000's for a 4" lift do not limit travel in the rear mounted this way. The rears have over 10" of travel anyways.

My fronts are definitely too short. I get almost 2 more inches of wheel travel with the shocks disconnected.

Rene

8. 78Jimmyish

You ever make any kind of custom extended spring shackles? I was thinking about that too. I saw some pics of someone who had done this - not the revolver shackles, just extended ones. Was wondering if you might have any pointers for those. I'm always curious what the other fab guys are doing to their rigs.

9. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Have you checked out the "Springer setup" click on the bottom link i don't know if this is what you wanted, also check out 4x4.alloffroad.com

10. 78Jimmyish

That kinda looks like what I'm looking for. Kinda looks like the stock shackles but longer. Got any other pics?

I've seen the MOOutfitters shock mounts, and yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking at doing. But I'm going to fab my own (the price seems a little high.) Good pics though.

11. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I basically have a custom setup, cause I have an ORD flip. Frizzlefry has the origional setup though, talk to him also, to talk to the designer of it, his screenname is marv_springer (sp?) and you can email him at (marv_springer@hotmail.com) to get specifics nad he'll tell you anything you need to know.

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>