Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Custom Cross Member

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AzzKicker, Sep 6, 2002.

1. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any links of places where I can get a better Cross member than the factory one?

The factory one hangs too low and is alway getting bent back and its screwing up my driveline. I want something that does the job but also has a flatter bottom surface to slide over objects instead of get caught up in them.

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Your best bet would be to jack up the t-case, remove the crossmember and bring it to a machine shop or metal fab place. Tell them what you are looking for and they should be able to make one cheap (no shipping and handling either). I have seen different crossmembers for sale, but mostly for the front for crossover steering and custom jobs for dual t-cases, etc. There may be a source for aftermarket t-case crossmembers, but I can't remember any. You may want to give Missouri Offroad Outfitters a call. I don't have their number off the top of my head, but will try to post it, maybe they can help.

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

Your probably right. Just take it a machine shop. That way they can much the size and holes etc.