Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

custom dash???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trouble1, Feb 23, 2003.

1. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

I do believe I bit off way more than I can chew...I started on re-doing the truck this weekend, figured I start by yanking my old beat-up steering column, and start customizing one from a S-10 to go into a K-5. after looking at the dash in the S-10, and deciding that it looked too kool, out with the dash in the Blazer and baby Blazer, and start figuring out where to buy a dash stretcher....hahaha. I yanked the wiring harness out of the S-10, installed it in the K-5, made some brackets to hold the speedo section with the left an right ears that house the lights and heat controls, cut out the steel where the heat/AC swithhes used to be so I could center the new cluster over steering wheel, and installed it ( about 8 trial runs to get it where I wanted, high enough to see the speedo over the steering wheel when tilted). That only took two days of work....and I still dont even have a dash /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Who needs a dash? They're over rated. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

BTW how bout some pics of what you have so far

3. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

I have a digi camera, but no way to daownload...anyone in the springs wanna download these things???