Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CUSTOM DELUXE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JORGE, Sep 9, 2001.

1. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    I have an 88´Custom Deluxe Blazer.It hasn,t the head liner panel and the components.I ,m not sure if the truck came from factory without this moldings,or maybe anyone of the last owners removed it. Somebody can speak to me about this Custom Deluxe version?What are the differences with the Silverado,Cheyenne,Scottsdale etc?Thanks.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

My granddad had an 88 custom deluxe Blazer as a work truck - this thing had no air, no trim, an AM radio, etc, but it did have a headliner and trim.

Custom deluxe are the stripped models,
    with Cheyenne and Scottsdale being the mid-level, and Silverado being the ultra-luxury model, with all sorts of neat gizmos that break and GM charges you your first born to get the parts to fix them.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    Mine has air conditioning,but hasn,t Fm stereo radio.I want to replace it by a Cd audio,but i hate to cut the dash board and the bezel!

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You can cut the dash without any permanent damage - just make 2 horizontal cuts on either side, and fold them back. The bezels are no big deal - they don't cost much of anything to replace if you ever decide to go back OEM.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

My Custom Deluxe came with a 305, SM 465 tranny, AC, PS, PB, trim, two tone paint, cloth seats, split rear window...everything except a headliner and carpet.
    My Scottsdale doesn't have a headliner either, but Dad's Silverado does.

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I thin my 87 is a custom deluxe, Im not the first owner so i dont know but it came w/ a Sm465 and a 350. it has not "carpet" on the ceiling, and the rpevious guy replaced the carpet w/ some black ruber /plastic stuff. But theres carpet in the very back.

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    Kn filter

What I need: 4.57 gears, limited slip front, auto locker in the rear, Force2 Catback, rear springs, SSR's

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Custom Deluxe was the tag that a truck got when it was ordered a certain way. More often than not, these were ordered by a company that selected the options they wanted. It could have also been an individual. You didn't often see Custom Deluxes sitting on the lot, it pretty well had to be ordered. Silverado has all the options, Scotsdale has none. I've got a Scottsdale.

Kyle
    89K5