Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Custom doubler need a body lift?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by MaxCrack, Sep 25, 2003.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

OK, I am saving up (still*) for a custom doubler. I will be putting a Ford 205 to a Chevy 203 to match the Ford D60. I would like to clock it up 2" so it is close to flat. Now, do I need any more space under the body? I have a chance to get a 1" body lift for cheap. I'd rather not use it if I dont need to, but I would like to be prepared incase I ever save enough money /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif for the doubler.

*I had $700 saved up, but I blew up the rear end (axle shaft in a dually Dana 70) and decided to spend the cash on a 14 Bolt with detroit and gears to match the front end. I'm back up to $300 though. I'm getting there.

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Definitely get the 1" body lift, I have a 2" and I am about an inch from the floor. I might actually just cut the floor so I can lower the body back down.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The 1" never hurts, that extra room lets you play around with how far up you push the transfer cases and things like that so it's definitely something to consider. And it makes it really easy to work with things like the bell housing bolts and other hard to reach items under the truck.

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

so you still need the doubler kit right? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But then won't you need two spares, 8 lug ford rim and chevy arn't the same /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. supersize75

so you still need the doubler kit right? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But then won't you need two spares, 8 lug ford rim and chevy arn't the same /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

6. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

only the new f-rod lug patterns are diff ie stupiduty. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Silly Shawn, only Superduty Fords need different 8 lug pattern. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif All older Ford, Dodge, and Chevy run the same 8 lug pattern. 8 on 6.5" I believe is the size.

8. supersize75

well now I know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Ford/ Dodge 8 on 6.5" rims have a larger hub pilot hole than Chevy's. You can use a ford rim on a chevy but not the other way.

10. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have used both dodge and ford rims on a chevy before, the center holes are different sizes like you mention but they all worked on my chevy, and yes they were a 8 on 6.5" bolt circle.