Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

custom floors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85burbanator, Nov 15, 2004.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

the floor in my blazer is rusted pretty good. im going to put a custom floor in there using 16 gauge sheet metal. is that adaquite(sp) or should i go thicker? if anybody has some picture of there setup or just some pointers id love to see/hear them so i can get a good idea of what im gettin myself into. also some of the body mounts on the tub are gone. did a bolt just go through there? if i can get some pictures of that it would be great, the ones the are gone are the ones that are kinda under the bench seat. thanks in advance.

2. chevyk5blazer

chevyk5blazer Newbie

Hey, I'm in Westland, Mi! I'm gonna' do my floors in the spring (I don't have a garage) and I was checking out this article. Looked pretty informative. Very good pics also. Heres the link; /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

http://www.jjlaughner.com/truck/rebuild1.html

3. 85burbanator

im in lake orion, about 10 miles north of the palace. ill be working on it over the winter in one of those portable garage deals with heaters in it. thanks for the link. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

there used to be a complete write up on replacing the flooring in blazers/jimmy's not sure where it is now, probably in the center of gravity thread! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifgood luck

5. 85burbanator

i checked the cog topic and didnt find it. the write up in that link was pretty straight forward though.

6. Sam 10b

Sam 10b Registered Member

Skip the sheet metal and go with expanded metal. A buddy and I did that on his jeep and you would not believe the visibility you can gain.

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

The write-up on jjlaughner's site is the one that unclematty is referring to. The thread is in the Body Shop forum near the bottom. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif