Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Custom grill on my new '71

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tonyj, Jun 11, 2004.

1. tonyj

tonyj Registered Member

Custom grill on my new \'71

The '71 Blazer also has a custom grill that's kinda cool, kinda funky... Here's some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Re: Custom grill on my new \'71

Almost looks like a Scout or something. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I like it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif also like the bumper where/how/what??? details /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ARQ.

4. tonyj

tonyj Registered Member

The bumper is custom and was on the truck when I got it. The rear is the same. I wouldn't want to get hit by this beast. I beams extended to the frame hold the bumpers on... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Here's a pic of the back:

[​IMG]

5. tonyj

tonyj Registered Member

Those inside head lights are bright as hell. Haven't looked close enough to see what brand they are, but they're hot! Whoever put this thing together before I got it was pretty a pretty serious off-roader. The guy I got it from fried the engine almost immediately and let it sit for a year before I bought it. A friend had a Vortec 350 roller motor with a performer manifold and carb that was sitting, so I offered $450 and got it. Quite a deal... The original ram horns worked and I used all the accessary bracket off the original motor, so everything just bolted up. Put in an HEI and an electric Carter fuel pump, and it's running pretty good. So far, I haven't spent much on it, so I'm torn about how far to take the restoration. I'll probably just play with it this summer, as is, and decide what it needs done this winter. Power steering and power brakes work great and it's got an original air horn. It was an original A/C truck, but the underhood stuff is all missing and the piece that the lines enter the cab (can't remember the name...) has cancer. It's got the 3 spd granny tranny. I cleaned up the pressure plate and put in a new disc and throwout bearing. Had to get a different flywheel to mate to the Vortec and had it surfaced. The only thing it needs that I can tell to be a daily driver is to get the rear drive shaft rebuilt. It vibrates some. Other than that it's ready to go.