Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

custom hydroboost line length, (yes i searched, no luck)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stevos67k20, Mar 15, 2006.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

hey i was wondering if a 6ft. powerflex hose will do the trick. its either that or a 10ft hose. has anyone had to do this??? i have to do it because my box and pump are flange style and my hydroboost is o-ring style. i am ordering new lines from Russel pretty soon and all the fittings needed. thanks for your responses.:grind: :truck: :weld:

yeah i know this is a really stupid question but, that crap is really expensive and i want to get it right.

2. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

napa or a local hydraulic line hose shop could compress different end on a hose, farm supply place, etc

3. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

If I read your post correctly you want to use the Russell lines and build them yourself instead of going to an industrial hose shop for fabbed hoses ?

I would think that a length of six foot will be cutting things close with all the bends and routing out of the way under the hood . I would opt for the ten footer to be safe even though it's a gamble on some high dollar hose.

Good Luck !
    Tom

4. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

thanks for the responces, and yes that is what i plan to to do with the Russel power flex lines. it turns out that i am not going to order the lines as soon as i had hoped. my dad need a new carb for our mastercraft and doesnt know which one he wants yet. thanks again.