Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Custom Rear Bumper Update - More Pics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1986Blazer, Mar 18, 2002.

1. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

Just got back from the welding lab. I was able to attach one of the two sections of pipe for the custom rear bumper I am making. It is starting to come together well! Here is the link for the updated pics:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/Bumper.html>http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/Bumper.html</a>

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Can't wait to see the finished product, those first pics realy confused me now I see whats goin' on... Looks good../forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

That looks great, your sketch is exactly how I wanted mine (tire carier as well as angled bumper) although your much further along than I am (I haven't even started /forums/images/icons/frown.gif). I'm envious!

4. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any pics of their custom bumper mounting brackets. I am almost to the stage of designing the bumper to frame mounting brackets and would like to see some previous designs before I "reinvent the wheel" Thanks for any replies.

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

6. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Damn, Boss you been busy. Looks like you have some side protection for the rear fenders now. I got a tube bender and some dies, so I may be re inventing my bumpers, I know I will be building a cage and some other stuff.

You going to Dixie this year?

Depdog

7. Boss

Dep,

I know you're going to be building some cool @ss $hit with your bender... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Yep, been very busy with the truck. I do have some rear quarter side protection now. After that last Dixie run, I dented in both side of the rear qaurter right where the rear tail lights are, so I figure it's needed for me. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Yes, I definately plan on attending the Dixie run again this year. I plan on hitting up plenty of trails up here in the summer too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    I'm locked up front now (ARB), so I'm going to give Trail 9 some Hell!. Will be on 39.5" with beadlocks by then too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Boss

8. Boss

Oh, btw, Dep, when are your plans for the 1 tons? I know you (and Keith) can swap axles faster than most, but I'm sure you would enjoy it more if yah didn't have to /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Boss

9. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well, money talks, so its probably going to be a while for me. Soon as I can find a front Dana 60 to get and sit on, the rest will be easy to find.

I will probably beef the D44 with a set of Superior Front axle shafts and joints when they are avialable.

Depdog