Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Custom Soft top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Sep 20, 2001.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Will I am making a custom soft top and i would like to ask some of you guys that have painted your hard tops what kind of pain you use. In addition, is there some kind of sealer what i should spray over the cut parts of the fiberglass? Last, does anyone have any good ideas on some kind of fiberglass liquid or something that i use to fill some of the holes in the top. The holes are on the inside of the top housing. I am not worried about these holes, just wanted to give it a Finished look.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Uh bondo with fiberglass in it, But I'm not sure what your asking exactly. Your making a soft top but with a hard top, need more info sounds cool, where are you cutting the hard top, in front of the side windows or the giant sunroof look...

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

more info coming!!