Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Custom Tire Carrier Started..... pics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Waxer, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Started on the tire carrier. It will eventually hold a 33x15.50 TSL/SX Spare, 2 Jerry Cans, and a 60" Hi-lift.
    This is actually one I'm building for a CJ-5, but mine will be the same thing basically, cept the tire wont be centered like that. It will be closer to the hinge and the 2 Jerries will be on the right. Hi-lift under the tire.

Here are a few pics of the humble beginning...

http://www.rockmongers.com/projects/tire_carrier

Will update with pics of further progress and the completed shots.

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Looking good!!!! What is the tall one in the middle for? is it just to stabilize the tire or ???????. What typ of hindge are you lookingat useing?

AND WHEN INTHE HE!! ARE YOU GONNA COME WHEEL WITH US!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

The middle one is going to be used to house the CB and 2 meter antennas. This one in the pics is actually for my roomates jeep. Mine won't have that beefy of an antenna mount piece.

The hinge is the one from rockstomper.

Actually we are going wheeling Labor Day weekend (finally after 1.5 years of nothing) prolly going to hit up Los Coyotes if its open, or Coral Canyon. You all are welcome to come ofcourse. I know its kinda short notice now /forums/images/icons/smile.gif